675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Carbon pads in the rain

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Electric kid, May 24, 2016.

1. Electric kid

Electric kid

Hi all,

Quick question; I'm booked on a TD at Silverstone on Monday. Weather looks like rain, which I'm actually looking forward to. I think it's probably a good circuit to get up to speed with a set of wets.

I'm running Carbon Brembo pads. Do I need to revert back to sintered for wet conditions?

2. T_daytona675

T_daytona675

Yes, if is raining the carbon pads won't work near as good as they can and if heavy rain the pads fall apart

3. Electric kid

Electric kid

Super..

Should I go sintered

4. I've raced in the wet with carbon pads without a problem. You still get heat in the discs.

Why do the pads fall apart?

5. T_daytona675

T_daytona675

Seen a guy run them at oulton was pissing down he pulled in after one lap and looked like they had dissolved, was all over the discs and had filled all the holes on the discs

6. Bigmac

Bigmac

Oh dear lord! I never Knew my pads could dissolve
    This Changes everything, maybe I will get those new wood ones, wood floats right that has got to help

Only playing dean

As long as you get a bit of heat in them mate they will be fine

7. never had problems with SBS carbons in the rain. Brembos may be different tho' as my rear brembo pads didn't last long even in the dry. wouldn't touch Brembo pads again!

8. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Fwiw I did read recently about some fake Brembo pads, that lasted about 1x session before they were metal on metal.!

• Like Like x 1