675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

New picture of 2013 Daytona!

Discussion in 'General' started by APBT4LIFE, Oct 16, 2012.

1. D41

D41

North America is Triumph's biggest market, mate....besides, is the 675 even made in the UK anymore??

2. As said, 'fair one', what i should of added was, 'Bloody British/Indian Bike', my bad, as they say :)

3. I wonder if it has a lower seat hieght? nobody seems to mention it but actually I know a few people that would desperately like a Daytona but are a bit short, without starting a hieght debate I know a lot of testers said that you sit a bit 'on the bike'.

4. Red675

Red675

dont like the lights, sub frame, rearsets and lack of underseat ehaust but apart from that its fine

5. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

I'm still not sure on it. Really looking forward to see official photo's. I kinda like the following photoshop mock-up. Maybe like the below with the new fairings on post one of this thread would of been a safer option for Triumph. Perhaps because it looks almost like the current model though :lol:

[​IMG]

6. Red675

Red675

Craig, isnt that just you bike with a (f*cking ugly) side exhaust? :lol:

7. Craig

:lol: almost! Maybe why I preferred it... LOL

8. Red675

Red675

9. manu675

manu675

I have a 2012 also had a 2006 which i ran (with love) to death for 6 years tracks touring and my main transport so no mistake made by you sir cant wait for the full specs on the new one though im not changing :}

10. Craig

11. Craig

I like the vent at the back in the tail, and the front is looking a ok, not sure what to make of the 3rd light? Tail tidy would have to go though. :) Looks like a small arrow on the side. :)

12. I've got mixed feelings so far. I would have to see it in flesh and in different colours.

13. fkkr1s

fkkr1s Moderator Staff Member

The more I see of this the more I think the designers just thought sod this, I won't use my own imagination I will take take bits off everyone else's bikes!!!! and hey presto here is our offering for 2013 - Shame on you... Triumph.

Me I still love the current model. :cool:

14. The new ZX6R looks 100x better imo. If it rides as well as it looks i may get one.

15. APBT4LIFE

APBT4LIFE

I added new pics and more info on original first post in this thread.

16. midgey46

midgey46

Not keen so far.. not liking the rear and the third light isnt great, bit tacky i think? Im sure in person it will look pretty nice as most things do!

17. That exhaust looks tiny. I have to say I really like the bike. I do think it looks a little bit like they have 'borowed' a few ideas.....

But... I would have to have an 'R' because why am I going to go out and spend money on a bike that has exactly the same engine, forks and shock, and brakes as my bike? I doubt it is 6KG lighter, I bet it's more like 3KG lighter, still not bad but we will see.

Maybe Triumph have pulled a trick here and by staying away from a total re-design they can hold the pricing for the stock bike making it still £1000+ cheaper than the competition?

18. Red675

Red675

:lol: my clothes rail at home's shorter than that monstrosity

Triumph are getting right on my tits with their abject laziness tbh.

Ducati time in the spring me thinks.

19. Wyrm

Wyrm

I like the rear. ;)
    Will also wait until I can see it in the metal before passing judgement.

20. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

Nice, when can i order one hehe :)