675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

2011 Daytona R £6000

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Westyracer, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Westyracer

Westyracer

2. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Looks like a cracking bike IMO - 12 mths ago this would have been perfect for me - the wife may think I've spent a bit too much modding my stocker since then to be able to chop it in... GLWS

3. Keep it. You'll never have the money to buy it back again..... kids little-uns suckle wallets as much as they suckle breast.

;)

4. 0S2

0S2

No overseas buyers, that's me and I'd imagine quite few other interested parties out of the bidding!

What's so scary of overseas buyers anyway?

• Like Like x 1
  5. PyroUK

PyroUK

Just to note, the ad shows shipping to the states and Oz!

Wish I had the spare cash! Glws

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Westyracer

Westyracer

I wouldn't buy a bike for £6600 without seeing it. I find it hard to imagine anyone would. If someone was genuine though i'm sure they would drop me a pm, then we could discuss.

7. Westyracer

Westyracer

Yeah i did see that.... Well if anyone buys it without reading the description i'll be surprised.

Only 2 watchers, Not looking hopeful just yet. Really don't think i'm asking over the odds for it!

8. Westyracer

Westyracer

Overseas buyers comment has been amended on the ad. Thank you for tip!

Just can't be bothered to get messed around by Sinbad from fucking Somalia or similar.....

As for shipping to the states??? Can't even amend that bit! It also says :Buyer is responsible for vehicle collection or delivery

Let's hope common sense prevails!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. PyroUK

PyroUK

10. 0S2

0S2

You need to widen your imagination as it's very common to buy blind, my last 3 bikes were bought without seeing them.
    If you look at the exchange rates, it's kinder towards overseas buyers!

11. 0S2

0S2

You know, a few years ago I contacted a dealer in Norfolk as I was interested in buying a Street Triple R from them. I mentioned that I was going to be coming to UK in a few weeks’ time and could view/buy the bike.

He replied with quite a rant about selling only to someone ‘English and local’ and how foreign buyers were ruining the industry, how he would be missing out on servicing fees etc but failing to see that space would be available on his shop floor for another bike.

Anyway, I reported him to a few bodies for his similar little Englander views...

12. Westyracer

Westyracer

Ok, again thanks for your tip! I took that on board and have adjusted my ebay advert accordingly.

You have had a bad experience with a uk seller, the same as i've had my time wasted by an overseas buyer!

Lets just leave it there shall we.

13. Linool81

Linool81

In total I've had 13 bikes in my life, 5 of them imported unseen from UK . No major issues so far :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. A genuine bike like yours westracer id be more tempted to buy blind.
    I don't think any offence was intended in the listing regarding his selling audience,
    Unfortunately on eBay the general worldwide clientele seems to have a hi percentage of scammers,
    I too currently have a bike forsale on eBay with wording not too dissimilar to westyracers.
    I have & do ship to genuine buyers all over the world, generally I find genuinely interested parties will message & ask for international dealings regardless of the listing.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Westyracer

Westyracer

BUMP.... Will accept £6400 from a forum member!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Westyracer

Westyracer

17. Westyracer

Westyracer

Last attempt now. Market seems very very slow. So up for £6000
    A whole lot of bike for the money!!! As i'm sure you'll all agree.

18. Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley

Lovely bike for the money. If i only i could sell mine to snap that up.

19. RICH675

RICH675

Hi there Westyracer
    Did you sell your bike?
    Rich