675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

2013 Daytona 675 Triumph frame protectors

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by Duane Riggs-Long, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Duane Riggs-Long

Duane Riggs-Long

Hi I'm looking to get a set of triumph frame protectors but the instructions say to remove the cockpit infill panels which I don't want to do as I've got the carbon ones - do i need to remove them? Also, is it necessary to completely remove the fairings when fitting them?

Thanks

2. Gremlin

Gremlin

I fitted a set of the R&G aero ones to my 14 Daytona without taking the fairings off. I remember I had to loosen off bits of the fairings tho.

3. Ntecuk

Ntecuk

Um I had the triumph ones on my Daytona 13+ .
    Thry don't exactly do a good job wgebit fell over...

4. Yeah you will need side fairings off completely. Carbon infills come out pretty easily. Just slide up and back .

5. Duane Riggs-Long

Duane Riggs-Long

Yes I know I have to remove the cockpit infill panels but the triumph kit comes with new ones to replace them, but I want to keep my carbon infill panels - can I still fit the frame protectors with replacing the carbon infill panels?

6. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

Mmm, not sure what you have, can you pop a picture up, never seen those replaced.

7. Duane Riggs-Long

Duane Riggs-Long

8. I think you may be getting confused about what the instructions are calling infill panels, the ones on the top that fit up behind the headlights don't need to be replaced, the ones in the instructions that attach to the side fairing will need replacing to allow space for the frame protection, I've never seen those in carbon though.