675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

2017 675r front stand.

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Thor Kelly, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Thor Kelly

Thor Kelly

Hi lads, just took delivery of my 675r two days ago. Is a bloody space ship!
    I have a collection of front stands but none of them fit the front. I've seen two designs that will. The first is a conventional one using two pins that enter from the bottom of the fork. The second fits under the steering head. Any feedback would be great!

2. Stu675

Stu675

What are the stands you already have? and why do you say they don't fit? I have a fairly generic one with pads that fit under the fork legs - quite dodgy but it does work. I'm sure the pins under the headstock type would be the best

mine is like
    [​IMG]

3. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

I have a headstock type which is the most stable/lifts the front wheel off the floor and an abba centre stand.

Both are good, the headstock one less fiddly, but you have to move your horn out of the way slightly to get the pin in!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. JohnnyPS4

JohnnyPS4

I find the constand under yoke stand off eBay works great but like frequent flyer points out the horn gets in the way (I've removed it and cabletied the wires up) I don't think an under fork stand with pins will work mate, there's no holes in the fork lowers to accept it, only the rubber pad type Stu's put up will

5. Thor Kelly

Thor Kelly

Yep, I'm thinking the same. I have the two prong type but it's nearly fallen off that once so won't be trying that again!

6. Stu675

Stu675

just to be clear, it does work for me, so far, but I certainly couldn't recommend it.

7. gary1966

gary1966

The constant one marks your paint fairly bad underneath the headlights, only trouble I have had with either of the pad type and the two pin type is when re fitting front wheel it can turn the bottom of the fork leg and when doing up the front spindle/axle this can cause a cross thread. The best stands by far are from a company called Gee-tech fabrications Facebook them or google.

8. volant

volant

I believe on the R, the ohlins are different lengths, so a headstock stand is 'recommended'

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 13+ bikes the horn won't be in the way. Headstock stand is the safest way to go I reckon

10. volant

volant

Having said that handyandy, its tight with the stock steering damper.

I have a Harris front stand and I love it. Expensive, and ridiculously over engineered...

11. Have a harris myself volant, yeah a bit tight but it doesn't put any pressure on the damper. Does restrict steering when on the stand but not an issue for me anyway. I have the same as stu posted too, like he says.. I wouldn't recommend it either. You have to put some steering lock on to get the bottom of the forks level and it still feels dodgy as fuck lifting it.

12. Thor Kelly

Thor Kelly

Thanks so much for the advice lads.I'm gonna go with the headstock type. The bikes just out of the box. Would be kicking myself if I let it fall of a dodgy stand !! I'll just put some carbon fibre tape underneath to prevent scratches on the nose cowl. Was on to Geetech today. Wow that stuff looks well engineered

13. gary1966

gary1966

Gee tech is awesome it's just the £££££££ hope to get a pair this year??

14. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Another vote for the headstock version front stand here.

Although I have a Harris rear stand, I opted for a "cheap from China" version and it's actually pretty damm good IMHO.

15. Triumph91

Triumph91

Harris prong type on the front and Harris rear for me, not cheap but bike is rock solid when using them.

Wouldn't buy cheap stands again, had some generic red ones that fell apart after 3 track days.

16. W_esty

W_esty

I'm looking at ordering off Gee Tech right now I just can't decide to go front under radial forks or under yoke.

Think this thread has pointed me to go under the Yoke now cheers as if it's more secure that's better plus I'm unsure how good the fork ones are I had an aluminium one that didn't fit on my D675 and unsure about s1k fork compatability

Couple of pics of Gee Tech

Could anyone advise how long / easy it is to get the yoke stand in?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  17. Keith15

Keith15

I bought a pair of Gee Tech stands but decided to go for the under fork one as I already have an under yoke one which will do the job. The quality is awesome but the price is a little salty. o_O In saying that, as far as I know, only Harris stands are equal in quality and they aren't cheap either.

18. gary1966

gary1966

They are expensive but they will last a life time, I will go for the under yoke once I have won the lottery ha ha it would fit all 3 of my bikes.

19. Stu675

Stu675

Gee tech doesn't seem to have a shop. What are the prices?

20. gary1966

gary1966

Hi gee,
    Here is my list below

£170 for front under yoke
    £130 for rear
    £145 for rear for GP lifters
    £115 under radial fork lifter
    £80 for 2 wheel tree
    £100 for 4 wheel tree
    £90 peg stands
    £170 single sided stand