675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

2017 cbr1000rr awesome

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by gary1966, Apr 29, 2017.

1. gary1966

gary1966

Took the new blade out while mine was in for its first service, what a bike it's now top of the list of bikes I have ridden and I have ridden all the 1000cc modern bikes except the new gsxr.

The build quality the noise from the air box and exhaust the power and handling is like nothing else I have tried on the road.

The dash is stunning when switched on didn't really have time to play with different settings etc

Is it worth the extra 5k over my 16 blade too bloody right it is, if you get the chance to have a go on one take it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wow, glowing praise indeed! Sounds like it won't be long until u add one to the stable. Out of interest what did u think of the newest R1? I love them but don't want something I can't get out of 3rd gear on the road without doing stupid speed

3. gary1966

gary1966

The R1 was good but not a touch on the rsv4 2013 factory/s1000rr 2015 ,I would say it's a lot better than the zx10r that was just nasty, the R1 looks and sounds a beast can't really put my finger on it but 15k for the R1 the same money for the blade if I had the money it would go to Honda haven't real give the R1 a second thought.

4. RSV675

RSV675

I recently took the Blade SP1 out for a decent test ride, it was 'ok' - yes the dash is pretty, the engine is super flexible - unbelievably tractable, you can stick it in 6th at 40mph and pull away cleanly. BUT I didn't really like it - peg position is far too 'road' biased for the relating bar and seat position (seat is most uncomfortable of all of them!) so it is awkward unless you ride with your tiptoes on the pegs. I think it is another case of Honda compromising too much, it is a super bike and if they kept it as such it would be a winner but they have put too much road bias into it. The stock one should have been more 'roady' and the SP should be 'full on' in my opinion :) I felt 'detached' from it and not part of it if that makes sense.
    All the new crop are bloody amazing, you got to really be picky to fault but It is better than the GSXR1000 and the ZX10r, the R1 brilliant & more 'fun' but is a flawed nutter machine !! You won't use up much front tyre on a new R1 - license buster !!

I love test riding new stuff !!!!!

5. gary1966

gary1966

Well couldn't get the demo ride out of my head, crescent Honda have offered a good px price and doing yoshi exhaust seat cowl tail tidy for free and fitting the Honda quick shifter + blipper for half price.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

^^ you must spend your life running bikes in hehe

7. RSV675

RSV675

Things have got really out of hand for me :) ...........

IMG_4795.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. gary1966

gary1966

Ha ha seems like it, but then again I don't really run them in to the book, scrub tyres in then jobs a gooden.

9. gary1966

gary1966

Lovely, that's what I want but there's no dealership near me and it's just hassle when warranty work or servicing needs doing.

10. RSV675

RSV675

I've got a local Aprilia dealer less than 10 miles away - bloody love that bike, honestly the closest bike to 'perfect' I've ever had, the only thing I need to get are some decent levers - got some ASV on order as we speak.
    Oh and of course will be getting an Akra can when they are eventually in stock !
    Congrats on the new Blade :)

Oh, and I actually don't mind running in a new bike, you can enjoy some decent sensible riding at 6000 RPM !

11. RSV675

RSV675

Can I ask why you didn't opt for the SP ?

12. gary1966

gary1966

To much dollar and would I really notice the difference on the road??

I have a 64 plate sp as my trackbike

13. RSV675

RSV675

fair enough :)
    To be honest I didn't like the new SP electronics setting system much - but I dare say its one of those things you need to use to get the hang of.
    Looks very nice mate :smileup:
    The engine is so flexible & smooth on them blades - fast as fook too !!!!

14. gary1966

gary1966

The new blade is like riding a super fast 600 with the demo bike I went on roads I new very well and some corners I was at least 20 mph faster just felt so easy to ride.

15. RSV675

RSV675

yep, it felt very '600' like to me - but stupidly fast !!!!!!! not 600 or 1000 fast - like time warp fast ! I(they have all gone up a level this past 2 years )
    think it is because its so light it felt so bloody quick !

I didn't go for one as I didn't get on with the rider position, but that could have been sorted with rear sets, just wasn't the bike for me but I bet you'll have a real blast on it ! just watch out for the rozzers :)

16. gary1966

gary1966

The riding position was better for me over the 2016 blade, its very light as you say.
    Rozzers i am a pro watching out for them been riding and driving since 1985 never a point on my licence :)

17. RSV675

RSV675

Well done ! wish I could say the same.
    I got my license in 86 - but unfortunately hidden bastard cameras just got me in my van doing 77 on motorway - no discretion with cameras :-( old school cops would have just wagged a finger, but cameras mate - no chance. 3 points + £100 :-(

Never been caught on a bike in 31 years !

18. gary1966

gary1966

Keep them fingers crossed

19. I'm seriously jealous of the RSV4 purchasing, I very nearly bought this a few weeks ago but I'm going to hold out until I can afford a RSV4 RF

[​IMG]

20. gary1966

gary1966

That model I rode and was blown away by it 2013 factory but couldn't afford it at the time and again no real aprilia back up around here.
    What I will say is the new blade was very close to riding this but without the noise.