675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

2017 cbr1000rr awesome

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by gary1966, Apr 29, 2017.

1. I have to say I’m totally obsessed with the RSV4 as mentioned earlier in the thread, and the R1 is on my list before the fireblade or so I thought...

I went for a look around the local multi franchise with the wife the other week and saw a SP1 for the first time in the flesh and was blown away by it, just looks stunning! The only thing keeping me off it apart from money (although there are some cracking deals out atm) is the fact that I rode my mates 2015 fireblade and named it ‘firebland’, just didn’t excite me... I am sure the new one would be better so will test ride one at some point.

Oh and nit picking but rubber brake hoses on an £19k bike...

2. I always used to notice that on my mate's gixer, big clumpy rubber hoses same as on your car (where they are thankfully hidden), while the Daytona came with nice slim braided hoses and shiny stainless fittings as standard.:)
    Although its an excuse for a bit of modding before the summer.

3. gary1966

gary1966

It can’t not be compared to the 2015 it’s miles ahead of that night and day.
    I am not going to say it’s as mental as a zx10 but for a 1000cc it’s got it in the locker if you want to ride like that I prefer not to on the road

4. W_esty

W_esty

Gary it looks stunning!

Southampton also have in a nice tidy £24k SP2 thats never been ridden!
    I saw your bike & thought as I have a cold at the moment, Id lick the handlebar so you catch it as Im jealous ;)

If you need a hand when you come to collect it or a spare room to crash in let me know chap Im 6 miles from Crescent.

5. gary1966

gary1966

Sure it looks better in the flesh, i have only seen a picture of it.
    I am driving down early on a saturday in a couple of weeks cant wait