675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

2019 S1000rr

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by TripleJimmy, Nov 6, 2018.

1. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy

Moderator Staff Member

As a former RR owner and many current member too I have been eagerly awaiting the new RR. It seems BMW have not disappointed.

To coin a phrase, it's a jizz machine.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. GazP

GazP

Jizz machine is a much under used phrase nowadays

3. farmer1

farmer1

I love the front of it now it's symmetrical, but what an earth were they thinking leaving all the cats etc uncovered?

4. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Agree that it looks/sounds like an amazing machine with some very impressive power-weight stats- and 44teeth reckon the standard one is only going to be £14k. Luckily for some, they also rent these out at Philip Island...

Exhaust does look like a bit of an afterthought, unless it’s just a bit of a ploy to sell more akras?

5. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy

Moderator Staff Member

The basic price is now just over 15k based in some BMW emails that have been received. The options list is quite extensive (typical BMW) so expect the bike you want to buy being more like 16.5k still competitive given the Ducati is still way more.

The exhaust is pretty horrid. I guess that's thanks to EU regs. Normally though they do look better in the flesh.

I have already been on the blower to my local dealer to get on the test ride list.

6. White

White

Nice bike ruined by a hideous exhaust, unless a carbon belly pan is available as an option.....

7. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Looks like BMW have conceived a bike for the "Playstation generation", with all those coloured buttons. ;))

[​IMG]

8. MrGman

MrGman

Even though that’s a R1

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. StMarks

StMarks PTG

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:oopsoops: Ooops. :oopsoops:

10. MrGman

MrGman

To be fair the HP4 race has the same control buttons.

Next year is looking very good for us bikers. The one I’m most intrigued about is the Aprilia RS660, concept at the moment but looking very likely to go to production.

Bikes are just getting ridiculous, power keeps going up and weight keeps coming down! Will definitely get my name down for a test ride on the BMW.

11. Ff6022

Ff6022

Nice front end. Overall I like but not sure bout the Cat and the Honda style rear end. Or at least that’s what it reminds me of.

12. Love it.... Have been waiting as I quite fancy one of these... Any ideas on when available next year? Hope it is at NEC in a few weeks time... Sorry got carried away... It's a triple forum!!! And I do own a D675r... Would have to leave here.... Or keep both! Woop woop![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy

Moderator Staff Member

If prior launches where anything to go by it should be a valuable to order fairly soon with the first bikes in the UK Feb/Mar time if you are prepared to buy one on spec.

I had one of the first UK test rides on a frosty Feb morning when the gen 3 was launched in 2015 and my bike was delivered in April.

14. MrGman

MrGman

The annoying thing is it will take a while before the bikes have done enough miles to be derestricted.
    I’ve test rode two over the years and both have been restricted to 8k, now where’s the fun in that o_O

15. Sounds promising and do you still have yours?

16. Haven't test ridden one yet but will try the gen 3.... And buy from just that ride... Think they will be derestricted now lol

17. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy

Moderator Staff Member

Sadly no and I really miss it although I do have the S1000XR now so still some of the same flavour. They are amazing bikes and I was constantly surprised by just how versatile a 200hp super bike could be.

Even restricted to 8k they will still threaten your licence.

18. Haha true... This is going to be my last sportsbike... So may go all out on this one.... Motorrad colour and a few extras...

19. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy

Moderator Staff Member

People on the RR forum have been quoted 19600 for the M Sport....maybe not such good value after all.

20. What do you get as an M Sport package ? From what I've read you can build it up how you'd like it so price and specs will vary.
    I see there is a dedicated M lap timer and carbon wheels. If they're included for 19600 then that's what I;ll be spending.
    Even though I have one of the new Suzuki GSXR's and love it, I'm counting down the months till I can get one.
    Going to wait a year though so they can sort the bugs out.