675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

26th march donny.

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Lifeofriley, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley

Anyone going tobe there?

2. towser

towser

Who’s it with?

3. Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley

4. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

You know there’s a 10% MSV discount on a certain “track day riders” forum, which a fair few of us on here are also members of... The tenner off helps pay for some fuel/pics etc. Hope to be using it myself for a day at Donny in July.

5. Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley

Tell me more about this forum lol....

6. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

PM sent - enjoy Donington, it’s my favourite UK circuit by some distance - although not so sure in March!

7. JT

JT

Hi. May I know the forum to so I can join. Looking to book a pre euro track day, track day 10th March at Snett.

8. Msv have a date in May there for £119, it's a 98db day though, but a great price even before 10% is knocked off!

I love Donington myself

9. gary1966

gary1966

Just be careful booking Donny on there quiet days that is 98 ride by so many black flags last year when I done an msv day , it’s nearly standard exhaust only on these days

10. DaveJPS

DaveJPS

11. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

I snuck through fine with my (baffled) Jardine RT-1 exhaust on (which I’ve also managed to sneak past the Oulton noise testers). Trouble did get black flagged with her end can though - think it was a scorpion?

IMG_0957.JPG

Take the baffles!

Yep - plenty of May/June/July dates with MSV, NL and FE, so as long as the family don’t want a holiday at the same time, I’ll be going to one of those.

12. Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley

Cheers guys. I always run arrow with baffle but take standard system for backup. Buzzing for donny, looks a nice fast circuit.

13. Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley

Im planning on running 15/48 but will take a 47 just incase i top out to early. Straight doesnt look to long.

14. DaveJPS

DaveJPS

I'll be running an arrow with baffle and keeping my fingers crossed (though it wasn't an issue last time I was there), but I'm in the novice group

15. Donny is my fav track by far (granted only done that and Rockingham).

I only ever go with no limits on a noisy day, it's great not having to worry about noise testing and some of the bikes are mental loud.

Last year an r1m nearly and some gixxers could have made my ears bleed haha

The track is incredibly fast and smooth, couple of spots to look out for, on far left after craner there's a bit where the surface isn't one piece and then on the first back straight the hump where the old Dunlop sign was, either pin it and commit to the air or hang out left and it's less pronounced.

Other than that it's all good, if it's wet keep an eye out for jet fuel from the flight path to the airport next door

16. Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley

Thanks for the advice. Dave jps come over and say hello on the day, will be with my pal who has a bright orange gixxer

17. DaveJPS

DaveJPS

Will do, my black 11 plate Daytona & I won't be difficult to spot as I'm so slow it'll look like I'm going backwards!

18. Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley

Haha you will probably see me picking up bits scattered everywhere.

19. Trigger

Trigger

20. Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley