675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

765 dipper

Discussion in 'General' started by CountCatula, Aug 8, 2019.

1. So as you are probably aware I have an order for the 765 Daytona Limited Edition and cannot wait for the grand reveal!

I also have/had a dipper on a s1000rr m pack beemer but still waiting for it since November!!! It is looking likely to be November of this year when it finally makes its appearance.

So I have decided to leave it until march to register it and the dealer has given me an option to get my deposit back if I want..

So (sorry for the long winded post) I decided to rock up on my current D675r 2015 at the BMW dealership and at least test ride the damn thing...

And, I can honestly say it is a beast, so quick and nimble for a litre bike, the auto blipper is to die for, and it turns in so quick... But.... I can see me only being in dynamic or race mode, and it all seemed a bit plastic and not as well built as the Triumph. Even down to the indicators no real feel to it. So after an hour or so of hooning around, I jumped back on my Daytona and fell in love with her all over again... Everything seems so precise and the low to mid torque is exactly what I need for the road, the BMW shift cam worked a treat but I feel my 6k trumpet is not a million miles away from the 22k the beemer is... So in conclusion, I think that if the 2020 Daytona is as good and more... The beemer can do one!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Great write and glad to hear that
    Triumphs do tend to have a lot more passion & if it can improve on the last 675R you cannot go wrong!

Saying that people are paying over list for s1k’s so may be worth seeing if you can sell your position for cost + a contribution to your new fav bike!

3. True.... Might keep them both!

4. Hogster

Hogster

Dont think I would ever sell my daytona. I have on the other hand have the urge to get another more touring style bike to go alongside and it would be the S1000XR if the prices drop a little bit more next year.

I love the new S1000rr but maybe in 10 years when the prices are at their lowest id consider one haha.

5. Haha, hoping the new Daytona does it all so I don't have to buy anything else.. hoping that the TFT screen does sat Nav!

6. scaramanga

scaramanga

i love my Daytona but im 51 in a week or so and my body is telling me my days on bikes or at least sports bikes might not be as long as id like
    I have 2 bad kness and 1 hip is giving me grief
    really don't want to part with Daytona nothing else modern takes my fancy

7. Hogster

Hogster

@scarmanga do you have helibars installed if not get them asap as makes a massive difference to comfort. Supposedly you can get street tripple rearsets and gives more let room too.

8. 675KPW

675KPW

On my recent birthday I rode my 675R to BMW, and test rode the S1000R first but didn't like the wind buffeting and so onto the new S1000RR which I liked riding. The media say it's small like a 600... it isn't really, and well finished?. only if you like plastic!.
    Happily rode home on the 675R.. better looking and better handling.. IMO a better road bike, which is where I use it.
    And comparing the S1000RR new against my 2012 RR.. its a bit smaller, softer, and therefore feels less of a brute.
    If I only had one bike.. a new S1000RR or the new Daytona.. that would be a hard choice!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Then don't! I am 48 and full of aches, but when I ride it doesn't hurt until I stop!!

10. That is the dilemma I have

11. scaramanga

scaramanga

yep ive got heli bars but they don't help my hips
    I also have rear sets which help but not enough

12. scaramanga

scaramanga

wouldn't be so bad if it only hurt when I stopped

13. gary1966

gary1966

Age is funny I think on any bike you would have aches and pains my knees and hips are good at 53 but I feel it on every bike i have ridden in the last 10 years, for me the fun stops when you open that garage door and there’s a dog of a bike looking at you . I smile when I ride my sp2 on my vfr800 it’s a means to get somewhere and I never look back at it. Hang on to that sports bike for as long as you can shorter riders or more brew stops I am going for 70 years old before I give them up.

• Like Like x 1
  14. scaramanga

scaramanga

I can ride for miles and miles at times
    it sounds strange but my trouble starts at a certain speed which seams to trigger it

maybe a slower more friendly riding position will keep me biking longer
    I will hold on to the Daytona as long as I can as I love the bloody thing
    apart from rg500 or a z1 I cant think of anything id rather have

15. gary1966

gary1966

765 RS

• Like Like x 1