675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

765 Street Triple

Discussion in 'General' started by kwacky, Mar 8, 2017.

1. kwacky

kwacky

So how many of you are tempted by the new Street?

If so, which one are you going for?

I'll be taking one out for a test ride as soon as I can. By all accounts there's already a long list for test rides, with priority given to those who have paid a deposit.

I think the R will be enough for me. I rarely get on the track these days and I prefer the looks over the RS.

2. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy Moderator Staff Member

I have thought about it but, I think I will wait this year and see what happens. Maybe get one when there is a better chance of a deal on one. I will be getting a ride as soon as I can though. Then I might be saying something different.

3. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

I'm in no rush, I'll wait a year or so.

4. gary1966

gary1966

If I don't get any joy on selling my Daytona I might trade it in for the RS

5. kwacky

kwacky

and keep the Blade?

6. kwacky

kwacky

I'm in the hunt for a second bike. I've had a look at a few and I think it's a middleweight naked I'm after. Part of me is tempted to get a nearly new bike now and ride that until autumn then see what offers there are on the 765. Anotehr part thinks I may as well bite the bullet and get a new bike now.

7. gary1966

gary1966

Defo and the 675R Trackbike

8. kwacky

kwacky

Very nice. I do like your black blade.

9. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy Moderator Staff Member

Think of it this way. What's the most your likely to save in the autumn? £300-500 probably at most as a guess, maybe nothing who knows. You could have had a lot of fun by then.

10. Captain Steffydog

I doubt there will be any deals for a long time, the waiting list will be quite big, so why cut your margin?

Normally there are issues too, rr, headlamps, etc so I can see the dash being next, I'll wait a year or so, my 2015 RX only has under 3k miles

11. kwacky

kwacky

The main issue will be waiting. I'm ready for a second bike now (and have been looking around). The 765 R isn't out until June and that's presuming I can get one straight away. If there are no bargains in Autumn I can either buy regardless or wait until 2018.

12. kwacky

kwacky

Talking of the RX, did they only do them with those red wheels?

13. gary1966

gary1966

It's mega to be fair I can see me having it a long time, it doesn't owe me anything, if the worst was to happen on track or at work I have something to sell so I can sit at home for a few months ha ha

14. Captain Steffydog

Yep the RX only came in one finish with the red wheels, love it, or live with it I guess, there nicer in the flesh.

[​IMG]

15. Thought about the new street, not keen on the dash or the styling on the rs, r looks nicest but couldn't be happy knowing my bike has limited hp when the rs has same engine and more power. So no brainer for me, I just took delivery of a new speed and what a bike!

• Like Like x 1
  16. 675RX

675RX

I just had a pcp quote back from my Triumph dealer 2k down 7k miles per year 240 a month for the RS now that is taking the piss I only pay 62 a month for my RX on the same terms and I know the RX makes me smile ... come to think of it I was priced 95 a month for the Daytona but purchased outright so I could have had both bikes for the price of the RS and I know what I prefer to be honest

17. Red675

Red675

Are you allowed to mod bikes you have on pcp?

18. 675RX

675RX

I did my RX yeah slip on heated grips bar end mirrors and tail tidy, just as long as you put it back to original at the end of term .. having said that I did buy the tona outright so I could do more to the engine etc ...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. kwacky

kwacky

There's 4 or 5 bhp difference between the two. The torque in the R comes in sooner, whereas the RS is more tuned for top end. The R is more geared up for the road.

20. Fair point kwacky. Probably best choice for the road then. I'll probably test one at some stage but having got the speed now I'll probably miss the grunt it has