675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Discussion in 'General' started by peter hawkins, Aug 10, 2019.

1. peter hawkins

peter hawkins

Do you think they will put the Daytona 765 into full production as it seems unfair and stupid to do a limited run if you are doing that then you may as well produce the bike for everyone that wants one and to be honest it seems to pretty popular all ready and me thinks world sales will be good just like Hondas did when they got in moto 2.I hope triumph don't let this chance slip by to have the middle weight sports bike ever.

2. Well they were only selling about 70-90 in a total a year prior to discontinuing it, that was at standard pricing, its hard to see at £12-13k for that there’s a volume market now for it in standard form. Ducati do sell panigale 959’s but they have always sold mid sports bikes well, they are sorta bucking the Trend. Currently if Triumph have the product I’m not sure they have the dealer niche to make the buyers feel like Ducati buyers do

3. towser

towser

I can only repeat what I’ve been told ,having placed an order for the 765, that there won’t be a standard version. You could argue that they would say that to sell the bling version but that’s what I was told.

4. Will be interesting to hear from people that bought the rocket TFC if they were told there wouldn’t be a standard model? Because one thing is for sure, the standard version of that bike is uncomfortably close in spec to the TFC

5. Rossgo

Rossgo

All depends how it sells. If it sells well then they will produce it. Limited run means a higher value and limited run also means a higher want in the market also makes it more exotic. Triumph are playing it clever in my opinion

6. D41

D41

Pretty much. End of the day it's going to be about supply & demand. Initial run pricing will be affected by tooling, development, or whatever.....later run ( if any) will reflect those costs having been already covered, etc.

7. Hogster

Hogster

What I cant understand is why they have never developed 1000cc+ sportsbike, now that id have been interested in ??

8. StephenP

StephenP

Too right, I'd be straight into a dealership shouting "take my fucking money"

9. Rossgo

Rossgo

I would say because they are Corning the market. Theres a lot of people who enjoy the mid range bikes and often people say they are better than both 600 and 1000 for practicality, fun, affordability and power. Triumph in my opinion have played it clever. I would also say it's a niche market too which equals more desirable amongst young and the older riders.

10. GazP

GazP

11. They didn’t because they admitted that they just didn’t have the resource to compete with the big jap brands. That and John bloor (who owns triumph) actually hates sportsbikes and racing and much prefers the retro market stuff

12. peter hawkins

peter hawkins

They develop a 1300cc 200 plus brake horse power but they shelved it saying no one would buy a bike sports bike wrong because that's when kawi and suzuki started bringing out there bike bang motors and they never sold any did they. LOLTriumph missed the boat again ,lets hope they don't with the 765 ,because guarantied the japs will be having something like it soon I am sure and then triumph will say oh there's no point now the japs have done one like Ares.

13. gary1966

gary1966

No telling with Triumph but if I was a betting man I would say there will be a standard Daytona 765.