675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Advice needed?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by jimmymac746, Feb 28, 2017.

1. jimmymac746

jimmymac746

I'm not sure what it's called think it might be airflow regulator could be wrong. It's located on the right hand side of the bike(675 Daytona) it's has all wires connected to it and cooling fins. My question is where does ever oft fit to the bike when making into a track bike? Any pictures appreciated

2. Stu675

Stu675

Only thing with cooling fins sounds like the Reg Rec and yours is a 2009-2012 bike if its under the right infil cockpit?

leave in the same position and cable tie it?

3. Use the street triple mount and mount it in front of the shock, as per the race kit harness.

You'll need to length the wires though.

4. jimmymac746

jimmymac746

How do I extended the wires? Is there anything I can buy that will plug in?

5. Cut and solder new wire in or strip the harness and re-wrap or use the race harness (need to rewire the ECU plug or get a race ECU).

6. -LG-

-LG-

Why not just keep it up front mounted along side the snorkel [​IMG]

7. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Fwiw I'm with LG on the positioning.: The R&R always seemed to be better placed when they moved it up front on the later Daytona, where the cooling fins are getting cool clean air rather behind the exhaust being sprayed by the crud from the back wheel.

8. [​IMG]

Mine is located under the battery box using a home made 90 degree bracket bolted to the pillion peg mounts.
    It's also the MOSFET type and not the Shindengen that is prone to failure.