675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Advice please! exhaust valve actuator issue

Discussion in 'General' started by Shezz, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Shezz

Shezz

Hello Everyone.
    My lovely Daytona 675 06' has an exhaust valve actuator issue. When I turn the ignition on I hear it turning and adjusting in a high toned too many times to be normal. I went to a garage and they said the the part needs replacing and the wires. They had adjusted the wires while there and the engine light was off till over 50mph and same issue again. In total its gonna be just over £200 labour and parts.

Do I need replacement exhaust valve actuator or are they trying to rip me off? Didnt know if maybe its just the wires, an adjustment to do so thought would ask before booking this in for that fee.

Thanks
    Shezz x

2. Shezz

Shezz

Or if anyone that works on bikes living nearby knows how to fix this and cheaper than garage I can bike to you

3. Where are you?

You can either remove it and disable it or fit a second hand one. I have a spare somewhere

4. I bet it's the valve in the exhaust its self that's causing the issue, most likely it's stuck or sticking. Best thing to do is have the valve cut out. But if it turns out to be the servo motor(actuator) then I think I still have one you can have its only done 1800 mls. But I'd have to find it

5. You can just wire the valve open if you don't want to cut it out.

6. Shezz

Shezz

Thanks for quick replies.

I am between Leicester + Notts

Any offers on parts would be great as want to get this fixed asap, its my only form of transport

Please PM me with how much want for parts or if can even help fit.

Cheers x

7. Bigmac

Bigmac

There is a video on YouTube I think about how to fix a stuck exhaust valve have a look.

8. You can have the servo I have as I'll never use it. If it is the servo ? But like I said I doubt it will be either way if it is the servo or the valve inside the the exhaust the easiest and cheapest thing to do would be to get someone to lockwire the exhaust valve in the open position then turn off the servo with tuneecu

9. i had the same problem with mine, kept sweeping with ignition turned on.
    with mine, turned out one of the cables had snapped, but the exahust valve was free and moving fine. not sure what caused it to snap.
    I just removed the servo, and removed the eml via tuneecu.

10. Shezz, if you remove the servo and disable the warning light via tuneecu, you'll need to lock wire the actual valve open or the bike won't run properly, hope you get it sorted.

11. On mine the spring holds the valve open. and is strong enough that its not gonna be able to close at all. i assume theyre all like this?

12. Jay311275

Jay311275

I have had the same problem with mine, replaced the servo and the cables probably about 3/4 times its playing up now. So please let me know what you do to sort it out and how hard/easy it was please :/

13. I think they are, just safer to lock wire it open for peace of mind if your not sure exactly where the problem is.

14. Yeah good thinking actually

15. Shezz

Shezz

Thank you everyone for your help. i have got a replacment actuator from speedy675 and cable, had it fitted by mechanic and the light is now off. As luck would have it another issue was found while doing it, needing a chain in the next couple of months but thats jsut how it goes lol Thank you again everyone xx