675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Anybody got an alarm fitted, that's not a Datatool.

Discussion in 'General' started by Sulaco161, May 15, 2018.

1. Sulaco161

Sulaco161

I've been wanting to fit an alarm, not for insurance purposes(not paying £300 for a tenner a year off!!!) but for my piece of mind. I've done my research into the factory fit Datatool, most agree it's a piece of s**t. Although some have no problems. I like the idea of plug'n'play. Found this on E-bay:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-...152990?hash=item2c9ab5971e:g:B6gAAOSwMYRaV2sw
    They also have various alarms that you can connect to it, really cheap compared to big brand alarms, have good feedback, think I might give them a punt, unless you know better. Do you have something else fitted?

2. Stu675

Stu675

3. ads

ads

Never had a problem with my datatool if that helps

4. Sulaco161

Sulaco161

Yeah cheers I spotted that, I did ring them and they said that alarm is for French market!!! why sell it here then? I was told this one is the one I would need: http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_part_number_lookup?partdes=pfkl1191504. I have ordered one, but I'm still half expecting it to be the fitting kit only, if it is they can expect a return, but the nice lady did say it was the alarm. The pic below the item also shows an alarm. Fingers crossed.

5. Sulaco161

Sulaco161

Yeah have ordered one, I think some people moan about them, because they don't understand how to operate it properly. Anyway it's on it's way.

6. ads

ads

Yeah and maybe how it’s been fitted. Suppose you’ll find out anyway! Like I say mine has been as good as gold over the past 6 years

7. Rawhide

Rawhide

Mine was fitted fine and I knew exactly how to use it. Still packed up on me!!! Like most things they work fine until they don’t!
    Also had one on my old zx636 and that packed up too.

• Like Like x 1