675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Anyone using a Schuberth C3 Pro Helmte - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Safety Equipment' started by Hogster, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Hogster

Hogster

Gents,

After going through numerous helmets and returning all of them as they just didnt fit me properly.

I original bought the AGV pista gp r in full gloss carbon in a size XL and thinking it was my perfect helmet I would eventually find out it was waay to big and the wind noise was horrendous, wrong size having some play in this.

So I sold it, bought a Shark Race R Pro Carbon FIM model in size medium, it fit and was lovely but after 20-30 mins it gave me a headache and pressure point right in the middle of my forehead so I returned it and got the size large. When this arrived it was just too big and loose so returned it and decided to get a shoei x-spirit 3 motegi rep.

The shoei arrived in size medium but I just wasnt a fan it still seemed a little too loose on me and I knew the small wouldnt fit so I returned this for a refund and no longer had a helmet.

I seen a cheap AGV SIC58 Corsa R pop up from Charleshurst up in Belfast and ordered that. Arrived quickly and I put it on in the house and sat down for my usual 30min test watching TV and onve again, forehead pressure and my chin was about 2mm from the chin bar and would not be safe.

So I drove to Belfast to the shop to return it, almost a 4 hour round trip, but the bike shops near me are crap and dont have many sizes in different models so I said id stop by a few for a look. I tried on nearly every model of Arai and the medium was too big and the small to tight, AGV was the same and non of the shoei I liked.

Went on to Philip Macallan and one helmet that I had read was very quiet and great reviews was the Schuberth C3 pro.

I put on the medium which is a slightly odd size of 56-57cm in comparison to a typical 58cm and it fit perfectly. The right amount of pressure in all areas and first helmet that felt great on. It is a modular helmet so not your typical sports bike style but I like it.

I am looking for a gloss black in Medium which is very hard to find, not a fan of matt black. Then I will get a dark tinted visor and clear internal visor so when it gets dark I can use the clear internal visor to get me home etc which stops the need for carrying a spare.

So has anyone else used the schuberth C3 Pro and how do they find them??

Main takeaway for others is be sure your helmet fits correctly as like me I thought I was an XL but really I am on the small side of medium and not every helmet will fit. Sales people in shops where I am from are clueless also and even before I bought the AGV pista the shop said the XL was fine on me too, useless in an accident.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  2. Hogster

Hogster

I finally ordered my C3 Pro helmet, cant wait for it to land and hope I wont have to buy another helmet for a long time, the fit is the most important thing, hopefully there will be no more wind noise now as this is meant to be one of the quieter helmets.

3. StMarks

StMarks PTG

I've never owned a flip-front helmet myself, hope it lives up to your expectations Hogster.

4. Hogster

Hogster

Yea, flip helmet wouldnt been my first choice but after looking at nearly every other option and trying many on, this fit me the best and is meant to be one of the quietest on the market, will be getting a tinted visor too, its actually quite a small lid in person unlike other modular helmets.