675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

ARGG!!... Insurance

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by Craig, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Good shout, did a search and there's one on my road for 70 notes per month. However that only saves me £56.47 on my years insurance, so not really worth it. I also want the garage for tinkering and maybe a project bike but think i'll wait until i get a mortgage for that.

2. Try Bikesure, could not get anything else even close to their premiums

3. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Got an update Craig? Would be interested to hear how you got on.

4. £25k on a £10k bike. Did you tell 'em its not April 1st.

5. Deegee

Deegee Moderator Staff Member

My son did the "no claims elapsed" nonsense due to not insuring a cheap bike (which he has Sorned anyway!) to retain his record after he binned his T595 :roll: ..... Now he can't afford it. *Shakes head*

6. Stacy 1337

Stacy 1337

MCN Compare saved me around a tonne or so. My insurance was £1500 for the 1st year with a 675 and ninja, and sold ninja, still £1500 on renewal. Now insurance is £500 with just 675 TPFT. but now im over 25, so i think that helps.

7. I suddenly feel pretty good about my premiums. £275 Fully comp, full legal expenses cover and all mods declared (and covered). That's though Devvit.

Sometimes it's good to be old!!

8. Feel good ?!!

I'd count that as the single greatest achievement by any 675 owner ever.

My renewal is due march and with a diesel spill write off I'm terrified what my quotes will be

9. T_daytona675

T_daytona675

MCE quoted me £408 Fully comp

With all the extra's

10. Its usually cheaper fully comp these days

11. 183 quid fully comp through adrian flux

12. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

Im glad this post is here, ill refer back to it when i need my bike insurance...

All i can say is to spend a sunday afternoon on it, or a few hours untill your bored...

My car insurance was due last week, my insurer wanted £465, i did the usual price comparisons and got it down to £415, then i thought id try the ones on tv, swiftcover £556, AXA £446 , got bored and was going to settle on £415, then as a last resort i tried Direct Line....what do you know...£346...i know were not talking big money but £465 down to £346 is £119, that a big chunk toward anything i want, and its better in my pocket than theirs!

13. the only criticism with the price comparison sites is all the bloody calls i get AFTERi choose a broker and if say i find a quote for lets say £250 then carry on looking then go back to it ,it always seems to go up about £20 quid :evil:

14. Deegee

Deegee Moderator Staff Member

I don't know if this works with insurance sites, but Ryanair etc log your computers ID when you enquire about the price of a flight and raise it when you check repetitively or go to book - as you are obviously a probable/certain punter.
    The trick is to check on a mates computer and to book on your own. A good friend put me on to this a couple of years back when he owned a hotel in Austria and was travelling to and fro regularly.

15. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

So c'mon Craig, what did you do?

16. If anybody is looking insurance get alpha dot for your bike.

£24.99 and its knocked £120 off my renewal quote !!!

17. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

My Insurance is due soon, so i went through most of the names on here and here's my result:

Original Insurer quoted me for next year £522 with a £500 Excess (Excess seems to be the price changer)
    Lowest price from my internet searching £273 with a £900 Excess from The Policy Shop
    Most Expensive with in reason was £1064 with a £400 Excess from Aviva

Deal i'm going for is £317 with £250 Excess (i can get £296 with £500 Exc'), how weird is this, its through MCN as the search broker, and its quoted by Motorcycle Direct and Insured by Aviva :roll: I go direct for the Aviva deal and its the highest, but through a broker it's the best deal, fully comp, with my 2yr NCB, garaged, 5000 miles PA

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had the same with a mobile phone, Direct from operator 40 quid a month, from an outlet 25 quid a month exact same package

19. Well my renewal has come up and I had and amazing price of £138 last year. Unfortunately NIG are no longer doing motorcycle insurance so devitt tell me. They are able to offer me an alternate policy that gives me the same amount of cover for...... wait for it..........£300.58 thats with 9 years ncb the bike being a year older too. What a fucking joke I can say I will not be using them.