675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Audi drivers!!!

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by dino, Feb 13, 2013.

1. edd1e

edd1e

jesus... I hope they find the t*** and lock him up for life.

2. D41

D41

Legs, I think the general consensus is that as bikers we have a different understanding of the road vs. cagers, no matter what we drive when we're not on two wheels.

Then again, you're a girl...you should prolly just have been issued a lifetime bus pass at birth. :lol: :lol:

3. Legacey

Legacey Moderator Staff Member

Cheeky shit! :lol: I'd dare anyone to sit in the passenger seat of my car and I'd take them for a spin!

Don't need a rear spoiler with all the weight in the boot Ed! Plenty of downforce ;)

4. if people remembered the two second rule and the highway code then we would'nt have all of these ridiculous accidents happening!

5. Isn't that insinuating that they would have to be brave to sit in the car with you? ;)

There seems to be idiots in all types of cars, I have done a reps role before, doing 50k odd a year and all that practice has made me a better driver (forward planning, observation, consideration etc). But it seems that a lot of drivers/reps that should know better just switch their brains off once on the road. Maybe it's that trait that makes them buy Audi over BMW ;)

6. Legacey

Legacey Moderator Staff Member

Yes they would have to be brave to sit in the car with me! I do just under 50k a year and to be fair as a bike rider I look further ahead whilst driving than I used to. I probably expect drivers to understand the rules of the road but it's just little things that frustrate me like waiting for an invitation to pull out, not understanding the give way to the right rule when approaching a round about. It just entertains me at times :)

7. Audi A 3's are one of the most common cars, hence they are now a high accident rate. they have been making them so long now that they were once a prestige car that attracts the sort of drivers that once could not afford one.
    With the added fact they are very easy to mod and remap.
    Lets face it does not matter what car people drive if they are gonna overtake a load of cars in a high street like that sooner or later they gonna hit something.
    Cant say they are overly priced compared to most other cars on the market, depends what one you have. S3's one of the safest car on the road if driven properly, hence why it is called boring.

Just Remember it is not the car it is the driver.

it is amusing though that you all slate how bad you think they drive, and how fast they go, but of course all of us Bike Riders never break the law or ride stupid sometimes do we ???????????

8. Shock horror.

I ride my bike always 8% under the posted speed limit using proper OSMPSL!

Lol, and then I passed my test.

9. D41

D41

Hardly the issue....when was the last time you heard about a biker taking a car driver out??

I do take your point though, and I've argued a similar case in the past....there's a huge imbalance in injuries/fatalies when it comes to cars vs. bikes per capita - that's one of the risks we take when we ride...nothing wrong with trying to reduce those risks though.

10. Balls. So I drive a gun metal grey Audi A3 sportback. DSG. I'm doomed. Although in my defence. I do have cruise control so am a lot better than I used to be in my golf gti.

I just stick some tunes on and just enjoy the journey nowadays until some private taxi cnt cuts me up and raises my blood pressure.

11. Alf675

Alf675

So, I've got an S3, does that shift me from the arsehole Audi driver category to boring or do I get best of both worlds, boring arsehole Audi driver? ;-)

I think it's all about the driver, I don't drive it like I stole it, but I see plenty of A3's and plenty of other cars roaring around like they have been! I speed like everyone else, but also having a bike makes you far mor aware on the road whilst in the car, your average joe, bumbling along to work doesn't give bikers a second thought until they almost pull out on one, usually both parties swearing the other was driving like an idiot. We have the benefit of seeing it from both sides, I've seen bad/stupid riders and cars , but, it's usually drivers since they outnumber us.

But what do I know, after all, I drive an Audi. :)

12. alf675
    I also own an S3 :), and in the past driven over 75k a year, and on average since 17 never really driven much under 40k a year. There are just loads of rubbish drivers on the road now days, including ones that do not drive like they stole it, and many do not drive an Audi.

Got to say watching that Clip again, that was pretty bad even overtaking on Zig Zags, and not one car.
    Sometimes though you do something that does not seem as bad at the time, that suddenly due to compounding events turns into being really stupid driving. (heh, I never over take on Zig Zags)

13. dino

dino

MaDProFF He didnt just overtake on the zig zags.

He overtook the front car as it was indicating to turn right, and he overtook the other as it went over the crossing.

That driver is a complete and utter bellend...

14. Wyrm

Wyrm

Regarding the zig-zags, you can overtake anything other than the lead vehicle approaching the crossing. I'm guessing he overtook the second car as it was on the crossing, which (although possibly debatable) isn't against the rules, and the second car was after the crossing so that's ok too.
    As for indicators, they are not mandatory to use (the Highway Code says 'should' not 'must') so there is nothing against overtaking a car which is indicating right.
    The reason the driver is an utter bellend is because they were not paying sufficient attention to other road users (driving without due care and attention), driving too fast for the conditions (dangerous driving), and failing to stop after an accident. They should get a life ban.

15. I still maintain Matt's stance earlier in the thread that it just seems to be the cockheads choice of car these days I don't say that everybody who drives an Audi is a prick because that's just not true but I seem to meet more cockheads driving them than sensible drivers I would say in the case of Audi's its the majority ruining it for the minority.
    Question about the indication thing though if you don't indicate and then turn across the path of somebody surely you are at fault because you are signalling your intention to manouvere? If that is the case then surely the indication thing should be a "must" just sayin?

16. Wyrm

Wyrm

Certainly, not everyone behind the wheel of an Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Van, or Cyclists and Horse riders are cocks, but it does seem that the majority of them are. Encountered cocks in/on all of those today just in a stretch of 25 miles of back roads!

I think that indication should be a 'must', but I guess the rule is 'should' because some vehicles do not need to have indicators, and no-one understands hand signals any more.

I've noticed that Audi, BMW, Mercedes, and Van drivers tend to use the indicator not as an indication of a possible intention, but to tell the person in the outside lane that they are about to cut them up and leave them with only a foot of clearance!

17. Haha but it says in the BMW owners manual to use "the express lane" at all times :lol: I see your point though dude they do do that a lot I have a 100 mile journey each day and I have to say I see no end of stupidity on that truth be told I'm actually looking forward to commuting back into Central London again..

18. dino

dino

Not quite, overtaking a moving vehicle in the area designated by the zig zag lines is prohibited. So overtaking the second car was an offence as it was in the area and was moving, the area is defined by the zig zags and includes the crossing itself.

FWIW: You could read the "Know your Traffic signs" in conjunction with the Highway code for chapter and verse.

It most definitely is against the rules, see above.

Performing a maneuver without indicating, by hand signal or indicator, would lead to an apportionment of blame in an accident at best, or, at worst, driving without due care.

Overtaking a line of slowing the cars when the front vehicle is turning right could lead to prosecution for dangerous driving, if sufficient evidence was available, or total blame in the event of a collision.

All of that plus the other two offences as well...

19. Must admit I knew it used to be an offence for overtaking in zig zigs, not sure if it is or not now, like it used to be an offence for crossing into a area on the road that has those zig zag lines that now is not an offence if clear to do so, (unless it was a un-broken white line). Stupid change on the Part of the Highways Agency.

Trouble is the car overtaking in the Video, would not have seen the first car turning right, but too late then, and I bet because he saw that car turning so late he did not see the people crossing the road, they crossed the road because they could see the car turn right.

Sad part is if those people had crossed the road in a place that was not so dangerous, not a junction I.E where the crossing was hence zig zags in the first place no accident would have happened.

No excuse for not stopping. or over taking in that position though, hence end up driving too fast.

20. Wyrm

Wyrm

That's not what the law states though. The Highway Code advises: '...you must not overtake a moving motor vehicle within the zig-zag area before the crossing, nor must you overtake a vehicle that has stopped next to the crossing either to obey signals or because pedestrians are using a Zebra crossing' (http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consu...n/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_191955.pdf page 122). So overtaking both cars would be fine as neither were before the crossing.

There is no specific law about overtaking a vehicle with its indicators on.

Sorry to divert the Topic. :oops: