675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Audi drivers!!!

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by dino, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Wyrm I am sure it is not recommended to overtake approaching a junction though.

2. dino

dino

Correct, but my point still stands although I didnt explain it fully. The car was overtaking at a junction which is the relevant point.

Which is why, as there is no law against filtering, but if you do it near a junction you will be blamed.

3. Wyrm

Wyrm

It was always the case, that hasn't changed as far as I'm aware. If the white line is broken you can go over it (if safe to do so), if it is continuous then you can't (unless you have to cross it to avoid an obstacle).

The car doing the overtaking would not have seen the pedestrians either, they would have been hidden by both of the cars being overtaken. He was going far too fast for the conditions.

The pedestrians could have used the pedestrian crossing, sure, but pedestrians have right of way even when they are not at a crossing. Had he not been an Audi cock and had been travelling at a sensible speed, he could have stopped before hitting them.

4. Wyrm

Wyrm

I was filtering near to a junction and wasn't blamed at all for the accident when the car pulled out on me having just then put its indicators on... and there is case history that disagrees with you. The vehicle turning left or right has a duty to check that nothing is coming up on either side - that is in the Highway Code too!

5. Stu675

Stu675

Maybe it will teach the woman pedestrian to use the pedestrian crossing that was less than 50 meters away. Absolutely shocking that she wouldn't use the Green Cross Code putting the toddler at risk and failing to teach the toddler.

6. Wyrm

Wyrm

No indeed, but it depends on the circumstances - if the traffic is stationary or slow moving for example.
    It's also not recommended to stop opposite to a junction, but people still do to drop kids off for school.

End of topic subversion by me. :oops:

7. dino

dino

You were fortunate, they usually go to split decisions, depending upon witnesses and road positions etc etc.

If its a car turning right and you overtake (filter) you may well be apportioned some of the blame, because it is likely that a vehicle may turn.

8. An Instructor too, they should know better

9. dino

dino

Very harsh.....

10. Wyrm

Wyrm

It's not her fault, and you can see that she is using the Green Cross Code as she is crossing the road. Plus she has right of way being a pedestrian.

11. I think it is ridiculous to assume they have a right of way every time, If a car is coming do not cross, they did not carry on looking while crossing either. Actually I do blame the pedestrian, The person was not using the green cross code, you are suppose to keep looking both ways while crossing, you cant while holding a child, it is their actions that started the event that finished so badly.

Rather like a lot of Under taking, if a car was not in the wrong lane for miles in the first place, the car would not under take.

12. dino

dino

Maddproff - that guy had no right to be anywhere near those pedestrians... he is as much to blame as if he had driven at them on the footpath.

THe car approaching was slowing to a halt and turning right before it got to them

Just find the driver, tie a 50kg wieght to each leg, soak him in petrol from the waist down and put a fire extinguisher the other side of the M25 in rush hour (the 8 lane bit) ... set fire to him and stand back.

13. Wyrm

Wyrm

Seriously? It's not ridiculous to assume it, they are unprotected and a vehicle is going to do them a lot of damage. Of course they should have right of way.
    She does appear to have been looking both ways, and that is apparent as she stops as soon as the car appears - but at the speed it's going at she doesn't have time to react. It is the Audi cock driver's ( ;) ) actions which are fully to blame here, there should be no doubt about that.

14. Wyrm

Wyrm

Ah, but you'd be burning their brains first that way! :lol:

N.B. It could have been a woman driver... :?:

15. Why should it just be assumed a Pedestrian have right of way if they step on the road? it is stupid!!!! there are designated places for them to cross, and if they choose to cross the road they should do it only when 100% safe to do so and wait till it is.

16. dino

dino

Irrespective of the right of way, the traffic situation, before that bellend arrived, dictated that it was safe to cross.

The vehicle approaching was stopping to turn right, the only way for that Audi to get to the pedestrian was to do something completely and utterly unexpected.

17. A lot of stereotyping going on here with Audi drivers, plenty of incidents like this happen were it wasn't a German manufactured car, I drive an Audi A3 so am I a cock too?

18. Wyrm

Wyrm

I don't know... you could always try typing in your reg into this site to find out though! :D
    http://www.myroadrage.com/

19. Haha I should hope it doesn't show up there, haven't had the car long

20. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

That vid really is shocking, there is no way that the woman could have seen the Audi. They could have been left dead for all the driver knew or cared.

Not an Audi/BMW/Merc driver :D