675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Bobber

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Red675, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Red675

Red675

Has anyone got one and if so how extensive are the mods ?
    Specifically interested in how i could potentially change the view at the back - plate holder, mudguard etc). (i would want a shorter guard and stick the plate somewhere else although haven't thought where yet)
    Also exhaust options? Presumably no arrow or akra option lol.
    Cheers

2. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy Moderator Staff Member

Havnt got one but have ridden one. Have you taken one out yet? It was not for me although I like the way they look I thought it was pretty useless to ride. I think I'd be tempted with the thruxton or scrambler more.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Red675

Red675

I havent mate but youre the first person ive heard whos said its not very good lol.
    What was the issue you had with it?

4. cpszx

cpszx

i think it all depends what you are expecting from it, same as the thruxton etc.
    i didnt get on with the thruxton, as it was too low revving, keep hitting the limiter, because of the torquey twin nature of it.

you might get on better since you had the 899, but still might be too low geared for what i know of your riding style... ;)

i keep thinking about taking one out, but i am sure its just a lazy sunday bimble using high gear type of ride, which isnt really me

• Like Like x 1
  5. Red675

Red675

A hangover bike I’ve seen it described as which pretty much nails my needs to a tee these days really I think. something I can just pull out the garage and bimble to the shops or round the backroads on, not scare myself shitless or even worse end up with a jail term in one/another moment of stupidity lol

6. cpszx

cpszx

i think you'll be fine as long as you can get one of these to fit, and don't let your beard get too long to get stuck in the zipper
    bagster-puppy_black-1-M-0822481-xlarge.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy Moderator Staff Member

It was a while ago now but, from what I remember I just found it a proper "'Meh" bike. Just didn't get on with it, it's definitely one to look at and not ride for me. I didn't find it had much personality which was a surprise as I expected it to ride with a bit more about it. You can have fun going slow if the bike makes it so, maybe a loud pipe would help. I actually liked the Indian Scout way more. More power, grunt, everything. Slow and fun.

8. Red675

Red675

Seems the pipe options are quite limited (Vance and Hines? Never heard of them tbh)

Did find this though which i like the look of much more.

3C381A9E-6147-41D7-8934-C0BFA8B42E13.jpeg

9. Red675

Red675

I still don’t like where that plate ya needs to be a long one on top of the guard or under the seat.

10. Red675

Red675

Need one either side now mate lol

11. cpszx

cpszx

sorted
    dog-side-bag.jpg

i quite like the look of these rear wheel splash guards in some cases, if you could get it small enough to just hold the number plate, light, and still be functional, without being a massive shield. just an example, have seen much better and more discrete ones than this.
    s-l1600.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Red675

Red675

That looks like it would fling untold shite up your back?

13. cpszx

cpszx

that's what they are supposed to stop from happening mate, tbh.
    the Diavel's have them, but i have never seen one out in the rain to ask the rider if it works :lol:

14. Red675

Red675

It hangs around the 9 oclock position on the wheel yeh? I cant see how that would work unless you rotate it clockwise about 90 degrees :confused:

This is all speculative at this point by the way, i need to move house without having to sell the 899 first (I also prefer the ducati scrambler but not sure i could justify the servicing and much more expensive aftermarket parts).

15. Red675

Red675

Big fan of this in the green mind..

bobber.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cupracing

Cupracing

Love the look of that! Quite fancy one
    Have you seen the black edition?