675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Brands Indy today (26/09)

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Rawhide, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Rawhide

Rawhide

Well was having a bloody good day holding my own in the Advance group for the first time and shaving a couple of secs off my usual times by not being held up plus being crap at over taking.
    Unfortunately rain stopped play after lunch but of those who did go out one guy had a nasty crash at Paddock Hill. Medics spent ages with him track side, then took him to medical centre and called in the air ambulance. Marshals said he couldn't feel or move his legs.
    No one could go back out on track till the chopper took off which meant our group didn't get out again at all, fair enough just one of those things.
    Hope the guy recovers ok but it didn't look good!

2. Bloody hell hope he all ok. Saw a nasty one a paddock yesterday whilst racing there. Looked like the lad went straight on at paddock into the wall. Bike ended up on top of the tyre wall lucky he was ok

3. You managed to overtake me! haha..... I stayed on your back wheel though. Was good fun! Even though i only managed to get out for 2 sessions. Not good about the guy that needed the air ambulance! Did it dry up in the end??

4. Rawhide

Rawhide

It just about dried but track wasn't reopened until after the chopper went which was after our groups slot anyway. Think there was only half an hour left so they let the inters groups out together for 15mins then the novices.
    Eyeing up going back next Tuesday to make up for the lost track time!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Red675

Red675

I was there on Saturday watching the no limts racing and the race before bigmac and wobbleys first of the day, there was a fella who crashed his big kwak at the top of paddock hill bend. He hit the gravel and it spat him almost horizontally, head first into the barriers. Easily the worst crash ive seen at that spot (and that includes all the bsb/wsb boys.) She can be a cruel mistress brands.

6. Red675

Red675

duh didnt see your post mate must be the same one, glad he's ok

7. No mate this was on Sunday.

8. Red675

Red675

Do u know the fella im talking about? in the 1000’s before you and paul. His bike (green kwak) was in tatters but it must have taken them a good 20-25 minutes to get him out from under the barriers and into the ambulance (he was still out cold). Gave me the willies if im honest.

9. Lol nope don't know him. Did hear about it

10. Rawhide

Rawhide

• Like Like x 1
  11. Red675

Red675

who's is the yellow 675?

was that you i saw parked behind the grandstand on saturday lunchtime-ish?

12. Rawhide

Rawhide

That's Westyracer this was on the track day on Monday.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Red675

Red675

i wondered if he'd gone up there for a reccy that was all :thumbup: