675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Bridgestone V02 190 on a Daytona?

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Midrange, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Midrange

Midrange

Just wanting some first hand confirmation that the 190 V02 will fit the Daytona, so, if anyone has them on theirs please let me know.

I've tried the R11s and they were good and grippy but they didn't last anything like as well as the slicks did on a much more powerful bike.

Thanks in advance

Keith

2. Linool81

Linool81

V02 only come in 200. They will work on the 675 rim but my experience is that they have a much bigger circumference when mounted compared to 180/60 Pirellis or Dunlops, and thus messes woth the gearing/spocket setup. I've heard good things about the R11:s, if they didnt last as long as expected maybe a different compund would work better for you?

3. Midrange

Midrange

Thanks for the reply.
    My mistake, I'd just glanced at the sizes on the FWR site and the 190s I saw were actually V01s (confusing, as they're on the V02 page!) Yes, the 200 is a tall tyre and I wouldn't be surprised if it fouled the swing arm or hugger anyway.

The R11s I used on the Daytona were a medium compound, as were the V02s I've used on an S1000rr, which lasted so much better.
    Maybe I should give the R11s another try, I'm at Almeria in February. The last time I used them, the rear was pretty bad after less than 2 full days at Jerez in October.