675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Bring back lead!!

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by alan1961, May 20, 2016.

1. alan1961

alan1961

Lets remove lead from petrol and fill it with loads of other bad stuff, stuff which is not only really bad for you but ensures it doesn't have much of a shelf life and gums up, rots and corrodes anything oldish.

Lets take lead out of gloss paint and make it water based so it it doesn't cover very well and dries so quickly that it seems impossible to paint anything without leaving brush marks.. Seriously anyone got any tips for going a decent job with this stuff? I have a couple of wooden garage doors to do.
    Cheers

2. Its also been removed from shotgun cartridges where shooting near water is concerned... now your barrels need to be proofed for steel shot and possibly blow up in the process. Not to mention steel shot will ricochet of everything, including water... which is nice and safe!

3. D41

D41

The key is in the brushes....no nylon crap...they're too thick. You need a brush made with real horsehair...least I think it's horsehair, and hope it's not 'Auschwitz hair'....but in a pinch either one will work WAY better than nylon. They're expensive, but they will last ages if taken care of properly....like most things, I suppose.

Interesting fact about lead: You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.

4. StMarks

StMarks PTG

:)) Spray them.?

5. alan1961

alan1961

Now thats a thought, will look into that, cheers

6. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Fwiw I was being serious mate. When I was building my house I had 38x wardrobe doors to make & paint. Because of the area, & the fact that I wanted a very smooth finish we used a compressor & spray gun.
    It was very effective & pretty quick (once I'd worked out the optimum viscosity for the paint).

7. alan1961

alan1961

Sorry if I sounded anything but sincere, I have a spray gun and compressor so may well have a play this after.