675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Bring it on

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by henrymc, Nov 9, 2009.

1. henrymc

henrymc

May i be the first to say bring it on, look forward to the banter :twisted:

2. D41

D41

OKAY!!

Why the F*** is it every time I go into a gas station to buy a pack of ciggys, some lame git in front of me is buying like, $3.83 worth of crap & trying to run like 5 different credit cards through the machine, all of them being declined until finally, one credit card gets approved - not, mind you before the tw@t has changed their mind (assuming they have one) about 7 times about what they're gonna buy!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

... Is it their 1st time shopping....ever!! :evil: :evil:

3. henrymc

henrymc

You should give up smokeing mate, not good for you and then you would not have to go to a PETROL station for fags and get hasel'ed by the numpty's :quack:

4. D41

D41

To quote the great Mark Twain -"Giving up smoking is easy - I've done it hundreds of times!" - You ARE right, though.

I don't go to the GASOLINE station for fags, Henry - I'm quite "hetero" thank you very much!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

D41 – has been Americanised, words like gas and gonna gives it away… :oops:

6. D41

D41

Hey, - You're in Sweden, overseas - aren't you supposed to be 'neutral' or sommit?? :lol:

7. henrymc

henrymc

Sorry Mate i was speaking English, :D forgot you would be thinking in American, :cheers:

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Neutral my arse - I will reply this at a later date as Sweden is country of contradictions.
    Just look at the Noble peace prize for example as Mr. Nobel is the man who patented a stable explosive that’s caused more death & destruction than about anything else in the history of mankind.

9. D41

D41

I'm still fascinated by the fact that, as a bike rider, you chose to settle in a country that has a colder climate than the UK, - would've thought that you'd head South TBH.

10. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

And have you noticed how at the supermarket checkout, when the cashier says 'that's £50' - men will have their card ready to go in the PIN machine, while women always look surprised that they have to pay at all, have to pick up their bag and get out their purse, fumble for the card etc :lol:

11. D41

D41

HaHa!! - Yes, you're absolutely right Ed, never thought about that one before! LOL

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If one was to choose where to live based to ‘biking nirvana’ I guess it wouldn’t be Sweden but life isn’t like that.
    There are a number of reasons I'm in Sweden but biking weather wasn’t one of them.
    • My part of Sweden (weather wise) isn’t that different to my native South Wales as I'm near the coast, latitude wise I'm slightly below the Scottish border.
    • I would say the riding here in Sweden is superior to UK as the roads are superbly maintained, very low police / camera saturation and they face forward bikes are virtually immune from them. I can ride for hours and not see another car and that can’t be said for many parts of UK can it? (Sweden is a big place as its over 2 and a half times the size of UK)

On the negative side the Swedes are rather cold people, not very spontaneous as it takes years to break into their ranks and this is something I’ve yet to do.

13. Rowly

Rowly

Stopped smoking 9 years ago now, according to the consultant who stuck a piece of metal into my ticker I wouldn't live beyond 50 if I didn't stop, I'll will never know if he was telling me the truth but at nearly 55 I'm glad I give em up. I wont be a self righteous twat and tell you to stop D41 cause I could still spark up a good cigar even after this long. :D

14. henrymc

henrymc

I got to confess i smoke roleups with Liquorice covered papers, used to smoke packets of ciggies but prefer the roleups, but i am under presure to give up from herself, anyone else who smokes live with a non smokeing Vegatarian, on the plus side she likes the odd glass of Guinness :beer: and Jameson's Irish Whiskey. :toast:

15. Edski675

Henry - sounds like you're made for each other :lol: I used to be a non-smoking veggie :eek: - true. I was a veggie for 20 years or so and I got so bored. And then about 5 years ago I was in a cafe one day and couldn't resist a bacon sandwich so that was the end of that. I also used to do a packet a day... it's been a bit of a crap and very stressful year one way and another, and I got shitfaced on the fest, and couldn't resist a rollie, which led to another and then to quite a few, and now I'm finding it hard to stop again. Marlboro Golds :roll:

16. D41

D41

Just curious, Ed - But what caused you to become vegetarian in the 1st place??

17. Edski675

I visited an abattoir in Cockermouth. it was 1987, and there were all these frightened animals being herded in. It was disgusting - the smell was vile, ansd when they opened the doors - it was such a horrible scene, I decided I couldn't be anything to do with it.

I went back there a few years ago, the abattoir is long gone, the site is now the Job Centre!!

18. henrymc

henrymc

I think abattoirs would put a lot of people of eating meat Ed. As you say not nice places, but when you think of it a surgeon's job is not much different to what they do in a abattoir except they are not supposed to kill the things that they cut up, I bet a good amount of them are not veggie!
    I tell my girlfriend if she had been brought up on a farm then she would be used to what she calls dead beast's. Have never come across anyone from a farm background that was a veggie, funny she never minds the smell of meat being cooked or even cooking meat in the same pan as her fungus, tasteless stuff, she can only eat fish if its not fish shaped? so its just fish fingers! have got her to eat smoked Salmon but its just in through scrambled egg, guess its a visual thing with her! :erm:

19. D41

D41

I agree - never been to an abbattoir - but watching the movie "Fast-Food Nation" defo makes you think.

I tried a "healthy diet" years ago when I was MTB racing; - Nothing fried, only fish & turkey/chicken, lots of carbs etc. - Never felt so lethargic in my life!! I eat WHAT I want, WHEN I want it - I tnink your body, when well-conditioned will tell you what it is you need to eat.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The majority of Vegies look so bloody pale and we are designed to eat meat – end of story!
    I don't get veggies who eat fish or anything else with a pulse as it’s a back door veggie malarkey.
    Here’s what makes me smile, non meat producers go to extremes to make non meat products look like meat products – what’s that all about :D

Mmmmm bacon baps....