675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

BT Bloody Internet

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by Wyrm, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Wyrm

Wyrm

They are cocks! I thought I was free from their cock-ups by not using them for anything... but now they've found a way to annoy me yet again with a cock-up despite me not being their customer.

They're currently blocking a number of mail servers, for what appears to be no apparent reason. They do give a reason in the failure message as IP Reputation, but all the reputation services show the IPs as absolutely fine. I'm the Membership Secretary and Webmaster for the Triumph Owners' Motor Cycle Club and send a lot of e-mails regarding membership etc. Now BT Internet have blocked the Club's ISP's mail servers I'm having to field loads of calls from people who haven't received anything. I'm also getting lots of messages complaining of not receiving anything that I can't reply to because the mail servers are blocked!
    This was raised with BT Internet over a week ago and they still haven't been able to sort things out. Useless!

If you use BT Internet for e-mail and haven't got a response to something, then it's more than likely that BT Internet have blocked their mail servers.

My advice: Don't use BT Internet - they are useless. I really fear for MotoGP coverage given BT's level of incompetence.