675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

civilian speed camera operator and his police friends

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by Ntecuk, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Ntecuk

Ntecuk

Got to give the guy credits for standing up to the man
    confronting the civilian police staff speed camer…: http://youtu.be/CRvHGZJY7xY

2. D41

D41

Yeah, but he was wrong....civilians operate police vehicles all the time.

3. True they do but they can't charge though.
    We had one in a town not from me and there was a fair bit of hoha because they hadn't marked out that they were there, only police are allowed to operate unmarked and due to their positioning they were also unsighted from one direction.

Their camera picked me up and all you get is a waggy finger letter.

Its like an indulgent pleasure-fest for the worst elements of neighbourhood watch types.

4. Made me laugh. But question is did the film maker actually do anything wrong? I'm guessing by the coppers crawling back to theirs cars they couldn't actually do anything about him

Sent from my iPhone using 675.cc mobile app

5. 0S2

0S2

Policewoman remind you of anyone :)

[​IMG]

6. (Awaits Red675's rant)

7. fkkr1s

fkkr1s Moderator Staff Member

Put all the in' sand out's of this to one side for a mo.

What the hell is he doing setting up in the road, causing cars to go into the opposite lane to pass him, there might not be yellows, but judging by the traffic it is a busy road.

Daft and possibly dangerous place to set up IMO.

8. Red675

Red675

Typical shithouse behaviour exhibited from a) where he parked his van in the road to b) the way he covered his face to c) that tit head with her foot in his door and then finally d) trying to turn it on his mental health.

Shitbags but hardly anything new. Sadly.

9. D41

D41

Not true...they can operate an unmarked - think of a police mechanic who has just worked on a vehicle and is testing it??

Heartily agree with your neighbourhood watch type comment......those end up as "Specials", and whilst to their face most cops will thank them, in reality they're a PITA....they just add a bit of support to the guy/gal who is on patrol.

10. Red675

Red675

What was the one with her foot in his door Darren? "Special" or just totally out of order and borderline inciting an incident?

How many times do you have to ask someone to remove themselves from your house without either a warrant or an invitation to cross the threshold?

Alternatively, try doing the same to her at her house. See how far you get.

11. D41

D41

Didn't watch it that far....I was getting bored with it halfway in.

12. I think I'd have been done for assault in that incidence. I'd have pushed her out of the door. After fair warning of course.

13. Red675

Red675

Exactly. Complete provocation.

14. +1 what red675 said.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr......

15. I'd like to know what happened next. Some people there deserved to loose their jobs.

16. Didn't he call the police, I know he threatened to enough times.

To be fair I am surprised the officers were that persistent, most wouldn't be rushing to the aid of the "vulture van"

17. Bigmac

Bigmac

She was just trying to get him to push her or close the door on her. Hate when they try that shit. No matter how drunk I am I put both hands behind my back whilst arguing with police on nights out now. Ive fallen victim to that too many times, they get all up in your face and if you put a hand on there shoulder to get past your nicked lol.

18. Sorry, I should have been clearer when I said operate. I meant that they cannot use the equipment to enforce prosecution/charge against a member of the public.

19. Of course they can. They are designated officers and authorised by the chief constable of the relevant force. Not to be confused with community speed watch who do this in their own time as volunteers.

Also depending when the video was made, the offence of obstructing police was extended to the wider police family and so the chap filming may have been breaking the law anyway.