675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

civilian speed camera operator and his police friends

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by Ntecuk, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Not a valid argument. I like the police. First on scene at some pretty horrific shit like dead babies, fatal crashes then having to go tell the loved ones that they are dead. You imagine it they have been......

It's a fact you get knob heads in every walk of life that spoil it for the rest but I don't think they all get together and discuss how they are going to bully people that day.

2. Ray675

Ray675

Maybe a little harsh, but my opinion still stands.
    Life is hard people telling people loved ones have died etc. Its a job nobody was forced into it.
    And because you wear a uniform with police on doesn't instantly mean your above the law yourself!!

3. Ray675

Ray675

As you say it's a minority that spoil it for the majority

4. StMarks

StMarks PTG

It most certainly doesn't mate.
    I believe that they are obliged to always "conduct themselves befitting...." ?? So whilst most people can choose to flirt with dubious conduct, the ramifications for a serving officer doing the same may be more far reaching.

5. Agree with that and I agree that those that over step the mark for no reason should be dealt with......

6. The bullies I mean

7. 0S2

0S2

I find it very strange that police investigate themselves and if the suspect decides to resign during the investigation, that's the end of it.

There are a shocking number of police that quit while being investigated only to move onto another force.

Old story but related to this...

8. I've never understood that either. If they were serving officers when the alleged offences occurred then the investigation should run its course. If I was being sued for professional negligence (not that I'm suggesting I should be!), and I was to resign from my profession and my professional bodies, the case against me would carry on. I would not have the option to just walk away. Does anyone know why this is the case with the Police Force? There may be a very good reason that I can't think of.

9. Red675

Red675

I’m sure we’ve covered this on here before.

Have a look at the figures for people who’ve died in police custody and the number of subsequent prosecutions .

Since the late 60’s it currently stands at the grand total of none.

No prosecutions.

Zero.

Out of nearly 900 deaths.

10. Red675

Red675

of course, they've all died of natural causes and there's nothing to see here

nothing what-so-ever

no siree bob....

11. Staffy50

Staffy50

I was working with some firearms police, they said if they get a nobber they want to teach a lesson, when they are walking them, they pinch the back of their arms, makes you throw it back, boom, any cameras and it looks like resisting arrest.

Im 50/50 on the tactic depending on who the bloke is haha.

12. That must mean that all bikers are Hells Angels. Why not stop there, perhaps you should also vent you opinions on people's race and religion. I am sure they will be correct.

13. 0S2

0S2