675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Claims farmers

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by Edski675, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Edski675

Edski675

Administrator Staff Member

So fed up with this harassment 3 times a week is ok for sex but not for these bloody phone calls so please can I make it clear that no I have not had a no-fault (or anyone else's fault) accident in the last 3 years and no I am not simply waiting for the £7k you tell me is waiting for me, just fuck off the lot of you bloody thieving arseholes and btw I send your number to the Info Commissioner to complain although far bloody use that is another pile of useless muppets...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Red675

Red675

can you not block the calls mate? (not sure if thats just an i phone function?)

got loads of them myself after the off in September but not any more :thumbup:

3. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy Moderator Staff Member

Total nobbers the lot of them. You try and be polite and they just don't take no for an answer almost telling you, you must by lying because you haven't had an accident or loan or PPI bollocks.

4. Back-To-The-Future-Hill-Valley-Telegraph--Local-Farmer-Claims-Space-Zombie-Wrecked-his-Barn-1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. 0S2

0S2

I left UK over a decade ago but kept my UK number and I get them too but I tend to play along by agreeing with everything they say
    I still have a UK number and get them every now and then, I tend to play along but turn the tables on them by asking for confirmation who they are, who are they calling, what address do they have for me etc :)
    Of course sometimes I tell them 'No thanks' :p

6. Edski675

Edski675

Administrator Staff Member

I block them Si but so many damn autodiallers I've tried being nice but then they get aggressive. So I tried 'this conversation is over' but won't take no for an answer. Now I just hang up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Fwiw Deany has an aging relative who lives alone & is gradually succumbing to Alzheimer's. We found that he has been increasingly targeted by telephone based scam/sales companies.
    So we recently brought him a replacement landline telephone, that cleverly rejects all calls from any numbers not programmed into it. So now he can only receive calls from his friends or relatives, doctor etc...
    Seems to work well for him.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rossgo

Rossgo

My dad got so fed up with it all he got rid of his house phone haha!! I do agree with you Ed, it really is invasion of privacy in my opinion, I hate how they disrupt your evening and they won't take no for an answer. Really hope the complaint helps

• Like Like x 1
  9. emma-lou

emma-lou

^my sis works in this sh*tbag industry. She reakons they stick a 'highlighted vulnerability' onto the calling cards, which means they target you more if you either talk to them or say you're ill/bereaved etc. the ones that work from uk can be temporarily stopped with TPS (call and register) the ones based outside uk less easy to stop as they don't have to adhere to our legislation.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just play along. Say you were injured and then when they've been through the spiel ask what the ball park figure compo you'd be entitled to as you were decapitated in a motorcycle accident last year.

• Like Like x 2