675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Clutch Problems

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by bladebiker, Jun 14, 2020.

1. bladebiker

bladebiker

I just tried to fit a new Clutch Cable ( a Super Slinky) and it's a job I've done before. However much I adjust it there is not enough tension to return the bar lever to it's original position. I tried refitting the old one and it is just the same. It seems like there is not enough resistance from the actuator. I tried operating the clutch by hand with the actuator itself and with the bike in gear it seems like the clutch is not engaging at all now. I wonder if something has come adrift inside the clutch on the actuator mechanism and therefore might need to pull off the clutch cover and have a look. Everything worked fine before so I am a bit puzzled. Any one got any ideas before I start delving into the clutch. Many thanks in advance

2. bladebiker

bladebiker

It turned out to be the actuator that pulls on the Clutch Pull rod which I have now replaced. Only thing is I when I refit the clutch cover I can't get the actuator rod to engage with the pull rod. Anybody had this trouble refitting the cover. It's driving me mad!

3. Everyone has had that trouble the first time putting the clutch cover back on. You have to turn the release shaft a bit as you slide the cover on. It's hard to describe, but eventually it will go on.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. bladebiker

bladebiker

Managed to get it back on so all good now. One of those occasions where you are not sure quite how you did it!