675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Crank Position Sensor

Discussion in 'Wanted & Swaps' started by SW73, May 17, 2019.

1. SW73

SW73

Folks, having seen a few folks recent troubles I was counting my lucky stars until....my bike now cranks and won't fire.

Following the great instructions on here (thanks @Stu675 @StMarks) I've managed to work out that my CPS has virtually infinite resistance, which means I need a new one!

I'm hoping to avoid buying the full stator assembly and have heard mixed reports about the aftermarket ones.

Does anyone have a triumph CPS they'd be willing to sell and post. I'm quite tight for time as I'm leading the fest this year!

I'll also need a stator gasket when I open it up as triumph want £15! If someone has one to sell... I'm in the market.

Thanks in advance.

Simon IMG_20190517_191109.jpeg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. SW73

SW73

Thanks, yes I'd seen those but I know of at least one person who had bother with the aftermarket ones. It may be if no one has one I'll need to go down that route but hopefully not.

3. these have been recommended to me by a lad who has used them in his race bike and if need be we will use them

4. SW73

SW73

@Team coxie that's good to know. I'll order one up then if no one has a second hand one. The advice is much appreciated. Thanks

5. Hi.
    I have a 2013 675R Daytona state and cps if that's any use to you? I bought it used on Ebay as a spare in case mine failed on a foreign track day. I never had to use it. The stator windings are all good.
    I'm in Ashbourne Derbyshire, or I can post it on Tuesday.
    Hows £50 plus p&p?

6. Ff6022

Ff6022

7. StMarks

StMarks PTG

8. ive got stator and cps off 2012 daytona r - 150GBP posted fully working, none problems ;) but want to sell it as set :(