675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Cyclists

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by Gankmasterflex, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Again its this idea that motorised transport is somehow more important than any other type of transport !!!

So what if cars are delayed a few minutes to over take a push bike. Leave a bit earlier if its a problem !!!

2. Red675

Red675

speaking as a non car driver i couldnt give a shiney shite if people are delayed, its the way people react to them on the roads that concerns me as a biker

if the cyclist is riding 4-6 ft away from the kerb (or side by side) stopping anything from coming past them on their side, chances are that cars gonna swerve into my path to avoid them

thats what grinds my gears (scuse the pun)

3. Red675

Red675

get yourself down the epping new road on a sunday morning, we'lll see how in love with cyclists you all are then :lol:

4. D41

D41

Now just where the feck do you think I learned to ride a bicycle??.....I still have my Cycling Proficiency Badge laying around somewhere.....which BTW is a stupid bloody test, forcing decent God-fearing Catholics to intermingle with Protestants....totally unacceptable.

5. Red675

Red675

:lol: i had to do mine in the school playground - we werent allowed on the open roads cos it was too dangerous!!! (and that was circa 1985!!!)

6. D41

D41

Yeah, mine was in the (Protestant) school playground too.....Hi, I'm Darren....can you please teach me the gayest feckin' hand-signals ever?? I mean seriously, I'm in a left-turn lane, where the hell else am I going to go but left??

They had some other bullshit too about putting out a fecking orange triangle to fix a flat tyre.....it's a fecking bicycle FFS, not an HGV!!

I think I should run Cycling Proficiency Tests in the UK from now on....I'd be great at it, but I want GMF as my lead instructor, that would be epic!

Oh, and you, you can help too.

7. I've found that everyone in London is a bell end when they're travelling anywhere.
    Pedestrians - ignorant retards walk into you while staring at their phone (probably about to burst into tears hoping it'll ring, but it won't since no one likes these tits) and think they should be allowed to walk 5 abreast while you walk in the road, stop in front of you without warning etc. "oh, you want to drive down this Victorian road that's choked with cars do you? Tough luck because I'm a Made In Chelsea fun boy and I couldn't see you out of my spastic glasses while I skipped gaily down the middle of road and flagrantly ignored the pavement". And it would be MY fault, in the eyes of the law, when I end up with his skull in the engine block. C'mon, it's almost like getting community service in as part of the crime, totally balances out.
    Cars - Seem to have one way glass everywhere but a 2 inch patch on the windshield so you can see in but they can't see out. Guaranteed that if an emergency vehicle is coming through there's always some twunt trying to race ahead as people move for the cop/ambulance and ends up snarling the road up and causing an accident (twice in less than 6 months in London, never seen it anywhere else on the planet). Or Audibint today, who swung over 3 lanes of moving traffic (from the far left of 4 lanes, with her audibrats in the back) and nearly took the front off a trio of cars because she thought it would be best to filter through the left turn only lane to turn right on a busy road. :jaded:
    Vans - C*nts, just utter f*cking c*nts. Like the PC world delivery dicknose that did exactly the same as Audibint on exactly the same road, just with only me for him to nearly hit but still ended up stopped over three lanes of traffic. :bang:
    Lorries - Vans cubed :evil:
    Buses - Lorries cubed :twisted:
    Tractors - I wish I was kidding and I hadn't seen one on London roads but I'm not. I'm thinking maybe it was the extremely industrious and ambitious thieves that stole a JCB backhoe from the building site on Mortlake high street. How the hell do you steal, hide and then strip or sell a backhoe? 10/10 for effort scumbags, but you've got a limited market there unless you're going to ram raid fort knox.
    None of the above compare with the magnitude of stupidity of the f*ckwit wannabe gentry types on horses that think London is a suitable environment to have a skittish, deranged, powerful animal in the middle of the road. Oh yes, clever shite, isn't London simply the perfect place for you to indulge your pissant fantasies of being in Downton Abbey and searching for Mr Bloody Darcy on the south circular. NB, Daddy's money won't be any use when a van clips your horse and it throws you off then stamps on your face. Exercise some common sense if there's any left after the inbreeding. :duh:
    I drive patiently and courteously usually (even though I'm in a BMW - it confuses the hell out of people!) and rarely lose my nut at this tsunami of birth defects (but I'm tempted to "RED675" at least all of them every time I drive anywhere) so figure I've saved up enough karmic capital to go on an inconvenience rampage at some point. If you see some wanker on a roman chariot, complete with tyre shredding wheel knives, pulled by urban foxes then give me a wave! :D

8. D41

D41

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was a rant to even put Ganky to shame....awesome!!

Of course, he'll be on in a bit to rant about your rant, which is even better.

I wish I could rant....I'm bloody useless at it.

9. Same here. I'm more of a chunterer.

10. Anyone can do it, the trick is to hate lots of things secretly for a long time until they consume you and then, voila, it just flows.

11. D41

D41

No, you're just a chunt....don't get me wrong, I like you - but you're still just a chunt.

12. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

That's an awesome rant!! On the running site you come across as so mild mannered too :lol: :lol:

*Idea* I'll cut and paste it and ask people to guess who wrote it :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. your suppose to leave a cyclist the same amount of room you would anything else while over taking, so you should be over the over side of the road.

Looking at your post tho your not mad at cyclists just the impatient tossers who cant wait 10 seconds for the road to be clear to overtake

14. If I ever get a rank on here it'll be Jeckyll and Hyde. I find the running site's my zen garden and here is more like the WMC :)

15. StMarks

StMarks PTG

I didn't know, so I asked Google.
    They said:

Wales Millenium Centre.
    Winter Music Conference
    Wirral Metropolitan College
    World Marathon Challenge

16. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Don't say you didn't ask!!

Is the WMC the Wesleyan Methodist Chapel?

17. Class, I feel accepted by my peers and contemporaries :D I wasn't even hinting. Ah well, at least now now everyone at least has my "diagnosis" upfront!

You southerners, none of you ever pull in a full days graft or you'd know you're only at home in the Working Man's Club!!

18. D41

D41

WAIT A SECOND!! TIME OUT!!

What the hell is a "running site??"....what on earth can you possibly all talk about on a running site??
    "Er Hi, this is Malcolm from Exeter, today I ate some cornflakes then went for a run round the corner".....Feck me, they must be lining up in droves to read the threads on that forum.
    "Today I ran a mile then got tired.......Glenda. Ipswich".
    "Hi, new to the site...I er, like to run, even although it makes no sense to do so. Trevor, Glasgow".

Ed, you need to send me a link to this site ASAP.....as you may be aware, I've been suffering from acute insomnia of late, and I think you may have inadvertently discovered a cure.

19. Deegee

Deegee Moderator Staff Member

I'm guessing the correspondents would be very similar to here, "Hi, I've just started running and want to know what the best running shoes are?" Or maybe, "I need some new kit, but thought I'd wait until the running show at the NEC, who's going", or even "F***ing Cyclists!!"

Just a wild stab in the dark you understand. ;)