675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Daft questions start.... Tyre pressures

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Breeny38, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Breeny38

Breeny38

2. I tend to have a look at the tyre guys board and check what pressures they recommend. Also worth a look at the manufacturers website as well as they normally list the correct tyre pressures.

I tend to check mine before and after the first few sessions to make sure they are in the ballpark.

Make sure you use a half decent pressure gauge, my old one was out by 5psi.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Difficult to say really as there is such a big difference between tyre manufacturers and even compounds. Good advice from Peggy.
    And it's not a daft question the right pressure will extend tyre life massively as will a good suppension setup. I had a mate once fit a brand new tyre to his 1000 at Rockingham once and by the end of the day it was had if, just because of the above reasons, he wasn't even the quickest guy out there either. Just goes to show you

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020 at 6:33 PM
  4. Breeny38

Breeny38

Had a great day chatted with the tyre guy and he sorted me out .. Wets were 31 rear 34 front to start then dropped down to 31 31 .. didnt get to use the drys as it pissed down all day lol

5. excellent. That's more or less the same pressure I run my Pirelli wets at

6. Breeny38

Breeny38

My 1st time using wets (AVONS) so surprised how grippy they are and loved it ... Looking forward to my next day if i can booked on...

7. Yes it ia. Know what you mean booking a tad is a nightmare atm. Got my first one since October booked for the 20th at Bedford

8. Breeny38

Breeny38

I was looking yesterday No Limits were sold out for Donington 4th Aug but then looked on MSVR trackdays and they had space in the novice group.. same day and track.. MSV seem to have a few more dates available so not sure if they are holding back a few spaces from no limits and selling them for themselves