675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Daytona 675 ecu swap

Discussion in 'General' started by chris cook, Apr 30, 2017.

1. chris cook

chris cook

hi guys just wondering what is involved when changing an ecu over? is it a simple swap and load map or do they keys need reprogrammed etc??

bike is a 2006

Thanks in advance

Chris

2. towser

towser

A 2006 should be plug and play if its got the right map in it. Certainly no keys needed.

3. chris cook

chris cook

I was going to put another ecu in and load the current map on my ecu at the moment? I see one on ebay for 45 bucks so might give it a go.

4. Make a note of the saved map on your bike ecu.

Unplug ecu, replace it with spare.

9/10 will have an altered basic map.

Then you can adjust the spare ecu map, then see if just disabling one thing at a time allows the bike to run

5. chris cook

chris cook

Thanks again m8,

tried everything mentioned on the other post to get her going but no go... so either a wire is grounding or the ecu is kaput... place your bets here....

6. chris cook

chris cook

Anyone know what the letter at the top is for on the ecu? Every ecu i have seen advertised is showing a different letter?

2017-04-30 20.25.45.jpg

7. Check the 'new' ECU is in the same VIN range using the list on tuneECU. It will also give you the current version of the required map.

8. chris cook

chris cook

Thanks man. What list is that? On pc version?

Ahh u mean in the website yeah good idea m8 thanks

9. Where the tune lists are.
    Each tune is listed for a given VIN range. Use that as a guide.

10. chris cook

chris cook

Thanks again. Any idea what the letter is? Bit worried ill shell out and it wont work the cheapest for my year is just under 100quid

11. Ato

Ato

Hi I know I am jumping on an old thread but i did a swap where I replaced the wiring harness, sub harness, ecu, guages. But the bike isnt starting. The only issue I run into was the crank shaft sensor, the new one from the subharness I got was a two pin/wire while the old was a thee pin/wire. I tried to splice the 2 wire to the 3 wire leaving one out but the bike isnt starting, ignition isnt even turning and fuel pump isnt priming. What am I missing.

12. StMarks

StMarks PTG

I wasn't aware of any CPS that had 3 wires.?
    What harness are you putting onto what bike please Ato.?
    There is a thread on here about the Crank Position Sensor, may be worth you taking a look at it.?

13. Ato

Ato

double post

14. Ato

Ato

Hi thanks I will take a look at that thread about the crank position sensor. So I am putting a 2013 street triple r 675 abs wiring components on. I am attaching what the sub wiring harness looks like for the 2013-16 (red) and for what was on the bike (white). The bike I believe is a 2012 street triple r 675 abs, however, the prior owner who I have no clue what he did to the bike says its a 2014. But in short it looks like the wiring that was on there was a hackjob to get the bike to run for track or something View attachment 50217 View attachment 50218 and I am trying to rewire back to stock.

15. Ato

Ato

sorry I actually i uploaded the wrong picture. The sensor in red is what is on the engine of the bike. So it has a three pin connector. The one i bought is actually from a 2013 speed triple R (ABS) 1050 which has a 2 pin connector. This two pin connector fits into the harness I bought. So i thought maybe I could splice and replace the old 3 pin with the new 2 pin head since thats the remaining piece. because basically the end head of the 2 pin could not fit onto the engine

Cs2.jpg

Cs.jpg

16. Bigmac

Bigmac

That is the gear position sensor bud
    Not the cps

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Ato

Ato

sorry I actually i uploaded the wrong picture. The sensor in red is what is on the engine of the bike. So it has a three pin connector. The one i bought is actually from a 2013 speed triple R (ABS) 1050 which has a 2 pin connector. This two pin connector fits into the harness I bought. So i thought maybe I could splice and replace the old 3 pin with the new 2 pin head since thats the remaining piece. because basically the end head of the 2 pin could not fit onto the engine
    Hi can you please educate me some more if this is correct, because every search ive done on google or even the repair manual for the crankshaft sensor has brought up these images up. Can you post a picture of what the CPS looks like then.

18. StMarks

StMarks PTG

19. Ato

Ato