675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Daytona 675 ecu swap

Discussion in 'General' started by chris cook, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Ato

Ato

so this is basically what im trying to do in pictures. Old gear sensor has three pin. New sensor which fits on harness has 2 pin. However, the head of the new sensor is too small to fit onto the engine block. WIll this work?

PHOTO-2019-11-11-21-23-58.jpg

PHOTO-2019-11-11-21-24-00.jpg

PHOTO-2019-11-11-21-23-47.jpg

2. Ato

Ato

deleted double post

3. StMarks

StMarks PTG

I wouldn't have thought so. Fwiw if it were me, I would be looking at getting a replacement that was compatible, rather than trying to attach an item that appears different.

4. Ato

Ato

i have been trying to find one that will work. But the one that works with the harness seems to have a smaller insertion point onto the gears. The old one has a thicker insertion point if you look at the pictures I posted on page 1.

5. I am pretty sure that is the speedo sensor that goes on top of the gearbox . Think they are all three wire on all Daytona and street triples 06 to 19.
    Gear position sensor goes on end of gearbox by selector shaft.. it still has three wires to it.

6. Ato

Ato

This is where it was pulled from the engine block

PHOTO-2019-11-11-21-23-59 (1)_LI.jpg

PHOTO-2019-11-11-21-23-59_LI.jpg

7. Yes that's the speedo sensor position top of gearbox. You can see gears in the hole.

8. Ato

Ato

This is where it was pulled from the engine block
    Thanks. Ill recheck all the wiring again to make sure we havent connected its holder to another connector

9. Not sure but as long as you connect the same shape and colour ( black or white) together you cant go wrong.

10. Ato

Ato

Can you tell me which connector goes to this on the 2013 675 R ABS wiring harness

harness.JPG

11. might be wrong airbox for top injecter bank

12. Could be temperature sender on back of the head.

13. Ato

Ato

Still no luck in getting the bike to start. Can someone help identify this other socket. Initial I thought it was for the heating mechanism in the handle bars but im stuck. (this replacement wiring according to the US ebay seller came of a non coded bike). Where on the bike or what on the bike do I need to plug this onto and do all the triumphs come with immobilizers even if they are non coded or chipped key bikes?

Also the gauges light up when the key is turned on as can be seen in the picture. However, the alarm blink very quick at slow intervals when the key is off. Also there is no immobilizer on the bike hence my question about the immobilizers. If I need to get one what is the process of getting one to work with the bike or pair it (this is a rebuild).

PHOTO-2019-11-19-12-36-13 (2).jpg

harness connector.jpg

gauge.jpg

wire bottom.jpg

wire mid.jpg

wire top.jpg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  14. Ato

Ato

just closing out on this. I got the bike to start eventually, Luckily the guy on ebay who sold me the wiring still had his ignition lock and key, ecu and immobilizer. With all those parts I got the bike to start. If I used any other ecu it wouldn't start. now i just need to clear a few gremlins. Its a bit jumpy for my likiing but maybe thats how the bike is. Also the check engine light and fuel empty light are on. It seems its been sitting for so long on a virtually an empty tank the floaters might be stuck. I have to figure out a way to fix it and get tunecu to ready the code.

Also, since there are no dealers locally where the bike is, how can i get a spare key cut and programmed, especially since this is a rebuild. Any ideas on getting this done will be appreciated

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019