675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Daytona 675R 2013 Fuel Gauge Problem

Discussion in 'General' started by caio borges, Nov 10, 2019.

1. caio borges

caio borges

Hi everyone , im from Brazil , sorry for my english.

Later i lift the tank for swap air filter. My fuel gauge only mark full tank to half tank. When goes under half tank , the fuel gauge goes to 0 gas and the reserve light comes on.

When i fill up the tank , the fuel gauge show full gas , and work until under half tank.

Original levers , clutch swtich working ok , the bike doesnt start without pushing the clutch lever.

Some ideas ?

Thanks u all.

2. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Welcome to our friendly little forum caio borges.

I believe that the fuel level sensor is built into the fuel pump, which is mounted inside the base of the fuel tank. Your description seems to suggest that sensor is to blame.?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. caio borges

caio borges

Thanks StMarks for the reply , probaly it is. From what I saw on the internet, he has a stick form , i have to get the fuel pump off and take a look.

I wil try to fill the tank another times until remove and see , the bike has only 20k kilometers on odometer.

Thanks for the help , any news i post here , thanks for the welcome :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. caio borges

caio borges

I was looking on internet , and my sender lvl probaly its like the photo.

[​IMG]

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ZlQAAOSwAJFa7HWW/s-l300.jpg

When i lifted the tank , this stick could be now in a wrong position ? i dont have idea how this big stick is fixed on the tank hahahaha , its fixed ? this stick float ? anyone have worked on this fuel pump things etc on a daytona 675r ?

This week i will check this , and remove for repair , i just need to know , how this big stick is fixed on the tank.

Thanks u all.

5. There is a float that goes up and down in the black tube. Sounds like it gets stuck halfway. The tube has a plastic snap in clip in the tank that you have to feel for . You can remove the pump as the wire is long enough.