675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Daytona 765 Imminent???

Discussion in 'General' started by midgey46, Feb 6, 2019.

1. midgey46

midgey46

2. towser

towser

Better not be I’ve just bought a Ducati!

3. I hope so, wouldn’t surprise me though with MCN if it wasn’t an old test image just used to see some paper...

4. GazP

GazP

Looks like they’re using a last gen 675 mule.

5. StephenP

StephenP

Undertail? Otherwise no thanks.

6. rwoodcock01

rwoodcock01

I would love it to be true but a R1 has been tempting me lately.

7. Min

Min

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. StephenP

StephenP

Wow.... 136bhp I'm guessing at the crank.

Guessing 126ish on the back wheel, I'm thinking anyone here who has tweaked and dynoed there bike is close to that, I know mine did 117 with no real engine modification.

Still gonna give it a test ride when it appears though [​IMG]

9. midgey46

midgey46

Can’t remember exactly but mine is fetching 124ish at the wheel so you’d like to think they’d do a bit better.
    Mine is full arrow system, velocity stacks, K&N and Tune.

Solid 140s at the crank would be more like it

10. Remember they will sacrifice some mid range in favour of top end on the Daytona when compared to the Street Triple RS, so it ideal will aim to be 140hp crank so that it competes on paper with the MV Augusta and Panigale 959 (which is a bit more in fairness).

I’m gagging for one...

11. moggy675

moggy675

Typical just brought an f3 800 as I didn’t think they’d release anything

12. In the mix

In the mix

IMG_3885.JPG at the wheel here for one of mine

13. towser

towser

I just bought a Ducati 959 Corse for the same reason!

14. GazP

GazP

That’s not too shabby though is it?!?!?!

It’s not like you’ve sacked off the 675 for a mondeo

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Red675

Red675

Lol stay strong chaps, you can get through this terrible situation you’ve found yourselves in.

16. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy Moderator Staff Member

I hope it does happen. I did find it odd when that press went around saying they wouldn't do it because of lack of orders. I think it's a bit much to ask people to put money down on something on spec with no guarantee that it will happen. It's not like they said they will build it we just need 1000 orders to start the run. I would have though you normally gauge if the market is ready through opinion and hope for a % sales on that. Big difference in opinion when you actually ask people to put down some folding.

17. Legacey

Legacey Moderator Staff Member

Boss man of Triumph was at a launch 2 years ago and I asked him are you bringing out a new Daytona and he said no! I then bought my Blade. Sooo tempted to get the 765 if they do make one, at the very least I’m swinging my leg over for a test ride

18. GazP

GazP

I think what they’ve done is create a swell of demand and notoriety around the Daytona. the great British sports bike that never was going to happen. Gets everyone going especially with Moto2 deal and then whammy! a new model appears.

19. It doesn't look like they've made much effort to improve rider comfort, judging by how awkward the tester looks on it!

I'd still sell a kidney for one though

20. cpszx

cpszx

Opposite thing happened to me when i got my Daytona. I asked a few Ducati dealers about a baby Panigale to replace the 848 and they all said it would never happen, not financially viable, so i got my R a couple of months before they announced the 899.

I couldn’t see why Triumph would not want to exploit the Moto2 tie up, even with a limited edition run if not a production model.