675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Derby Phoenix Cadwell Park 4-5 May.

Discussion in 'Bobby Campbell Racing' started by trackdaybob, Apr 29, 2014.

1. My entry was confirmed today. I'm back off up to Cadwell this weekend.
    Entered in the Superstock 600 class and also the Open 175-675cc class. Looking forward to it.
    I've not raced with Derby Phoenix for a couple of years now. It'll be good to be back in the paddock.
    Heading up there on Friday evening after work to get a decent spot in the paddock. Not testing on Saturday. Got a couple of things to do with the bike then just gonna relax and think about Sunday.
    Updates here as and when they happen.

2. Good luck mate, looking forward to the updates

3. Now located in the paddock at Cadwell.

Nice easy day tomorrow. Only thing to do is an oil & filter change, fit new tyres and the bike is ready.

Mmmmm beer ;)

4. StMarks

StMarks PTG

:shock: 2 days early TDB.? :shock:

I guess that's the Raf way. ;)

5. I've nowhere else to go :lol:

6. Oil & filter change done. Whilst I was at it I cleaned and lubed the chain. Cleaned the wheels and polished the bike up a bit.
    Ready for scrutineering now. I'll get that done and sign on tonight.
    Then the wheels come out for their new tyres first thing tomorrow morning.

7. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Best of luck for tomorrow TDB, weather looks pretty good.

Is Steff there as well then.?

8. I was going to go and watch the lads on the slideys but have ended up working all weekend!! Bummer! Forecasts good! Enjoy the weekend! Watch out for the bottom of the mountain! That nearly finished me!

Attached Files:

9. martin675

martin675

10. Haaa... You're welcome to have a chew!

11. H

Heres a better one for ya fella!

Attached Files:

12. Yes he is helping out with tyre support tomorrow only. Suits me ;)

Been a relaxing day.
    I changed the oil & filter this morning.
    This evening I've been scrutineered and signed on.
    Tomorrow, practice, qualifying and three races to get my teeth into. Yes the forecast is good. Been lovely here today.

Can't wait :D

13. Been a great day.

Rode round in warm up like a girl.

Then Qualified 13th on the grid in the open 175-1300 class. Was happy with that.

1st F600 race was combined grid with the 1000's with a 20 second delay. That was fun. You knew it was coming, it was just a matter of when. I was 23rd overall but 6th in class. Nice...!!!!!

The Open race was flagged on lap 6. I was 14th.

My second F600 race was run on it's own. No 1000's behind to worry about. It was good fun, three of us mixing it all race. I ended up 14th.

Not went quite as quick as I did at the Hottrax meeting but it's still been great. I'm enjoying being out there again. The times will come. I know that.

Looking forward to it all again tomorrow

14. Well done mate what times were you doing?

15. Quickest today was low 42's. Went a second faster at the Hottrax round here two weeks ago. Not overly worried though, it's nice to be finishing races if I'm honest. I know the times will come again (at some point) and I'll be back to where I was before everything went Pete Tong. It just may take some time.

16. Good lad keep it up, another nice day, best of luck fella...

17. An eventful weekend.
    More to come.

ai653.photobucket.com_albums_uu252_trackdaybob_WP_20140505_003_zpsfee726cb.jpg

18. StMarks

StMarks PTG

:? Not yet another engine.? :(

19. No, just the matter of a small lowside at the bottom of the mountain. Unusual sensation falling uphill :lol:
    I was fine and the boys had the bike fixed and ready to be re scrutineered by the time I'd got back from the medical centre. More importantly, ready for my next race. Hat off to them.

Went out and after a couple of laps put in my quickest laps of the whole weekend ;)

20. ;0) thats mega mate, after an off back on the pipe and keep her wound!