675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Dilemma... V2 Panigale or Daytona 765?

Discussion in 'General' started by CountCatula, Nov 21, 2019.

1. I went to the bike show on Tuesday and flashed my letter at the Triumph stand and sat on my new purchase.... I wasn't as wowed as I thought I might be, and also have a few questions that still remain unanswered by Triumph ( one being wet weight of bike).

I loved the new fireblade SP but can't stretch to 23.5k! Then I stumbled upon the new V2 Panigale.... What a stunning bike, and has left me questioning me spending £765 plus another fiver over the sub £15k Ducati.....

Ouch, makes my head hurt, this here new bike buying!!! IMG_20191119_140322.jpg IMG_20191119_123721.jpg IMG_20191119_130228.jpg

2. Red675

Red675

V2ery. Easy. Choice. :) (edit: as long as it comes with those sexy little akras)

3. GazP

GazP

I really liked the V2 but didn’t like the way the shock was offset and exposed on the LHS.

I think Norton had the best looking machines there.

4. I think the bike I looked at had 8k of extras on!!!! The akra was about 4k full system

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. I didn't like the front hugger on the Norton

6. GazP

GazP

Me neither but it is just an option and the standard one makes the bike look better.

7. Red675

Red675

That doesnt surprise me.

I'd highly recommend looking into service costs if youve never owned a Dewc too.

I do love the way that tail is almost wagging on it though. Much higher position than my old 899 and very WSB/BSB-esque...

Looks an absolute hoot to ride

8. Red675

Red675

Hard to argue with that.

9. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

What’s the servicing going to cost on the V2...

saying that, I’m firmly on the side of “a bike should look good/ride good/feel good, sound good” - if it doesn’t stir the soul and make you look back at it and go “Jeff me, I ride/own that!” then it’s the wrong bike imo.

Sod the service costs, I’d probably have the V2, if I was after a new bike... Get the V2

10. StephenP

StephenP

I'd plump for the V2 in a heart beat. The bike looks sexy next to that Daytona.

11. Will look at servicing costs as the nearest Ducati dealer quit in July due to the Audi/VW takeover.... So nearest is 1 hour and 3/4 away

12. That's where I am at at the moment, I know the Daytona Wil be special and wow, but there are a few niggles in the back of mind about it...

13. Kerb weight is huge though... Am going to ride the demo V2 and see what I think

14. Adamgav

Adamgav

If you decide on the Ducati, just remember that everytime you pull up at the moto cafe there is gonna be some bloke in the latest d-air suit with knee sliders scuffed with a belt sander sitting on the exact same bike as you.
    At that exact moment you will wish you had bought the Daytona! :duh:

Don’t get me wrong the Ducati is a weapon but I couldn’t deal with the posers that you typically see riding them.

Be different, ride a Triumph. ;)

Anyway, regardless of which one you end up with I’m sure there will always be a small puddle of oil on your garage floor, but a lovely bike towering over it :D

Im certain you’ll enjoy whichever one you decide to buy!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Haha great analogies, love it, has put it all in perspective

16. Pete H

Pete H

Ever ridden one? My mate had an 899 pani...swapped on a ride one day, after 20 mins I wanted my Daytona back....he now rides a S1000rr

17. Red675

Red675

That’s not a great deal of time to get used to a completely different riding style and engine.

What didn’t you like about it?
    I had an 899 after 3 675s and I wish I still had it. Pissed all over the 675 for shits and giggles (eventually).
    And it was a LOT prettier.

18. GazP

GazP

Brilliant analogy mate.

Although I think the poser trend is cafe racers or scramblers now. So instead of the latest d-air suit etc etc, it’s pretending you’ve built the bike yourself, wearing a belstaff coat and open face lid. Still wouldn’t stop me buying a thruxton.

If the duke makes you smile when you ride it mate then go for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Pete H

Pete H

True, its a pretty bike alright, guess its personal taste for feel etc. Although the perennial engine mgt light, cracks in the dash and other stuff that shouldn't happen to a modern bike put me off too. He loved it but got shot after 12 months.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Not ridden one yet