675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Exhaust identification ???

Discussion in 'General' started by triumph1985, Dec 28, 2019.

1. triumph1985

triumph1985

Recently bought this R. Has anyone any idea what exhaust this is that it is fitted with?? Can't say I have ever seen one fitted on a daytona before. Tia. SF63KZS_029.jpeg SF63KZS_008.jpeg

2. StMarks

StMarks PTG

3. cpszx

cpszx

4. Yeah it’s taylormade

5. Bigmac

Bigmac

Don’t they make golf clubs

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. triumph1985

triumph1985

Cheers. That's the one. It's not road legal . Its also not going to be suitable for track. In theory should the garage I have just purchased it from have to change it??

7. StMarks

StMarks PTG

If you have brought it from a business, to be a motorcycle for use on the road, then I think you'll find that they are in breach of the sales of goods act.: The goods must be "fit for purpose". -It would seem that the exhaust makes it unsuitable for the purpose you were sold it to do, so pretty straightforward imho.
    Hth.
    Nice bike though.! ;))

8. triumph1985

triumph1985

Cheers. Thought that would be the case. I will ring them Monday. Its sounds mega tbh, but I will mostly be using on track. It definitely won't pass sound testing!!!

9. Taylormade, quickest way to melt the valves and wreck an engine. Remember fast bikes mag fitted one to a fireblade and lost something like 15hp!! They are all looks over function

10. Yep go down that route for sure

11. Billy1mate

Billy1mate

If it’s a poor exhaust that’s a pity because it’d be easy to buy a standard exhaust rather than ask for it to be replaced.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dal

Dal

I've got a stock exhaust that i changed at 4000 miles if your interested?

13. Join the que lol

14. triumph1985

triumph1985

I have decided to stick with the TaylorMade for now. It looks the dogs in all honesty . The bike has got a power commander V fitted so it is setup for this exhaust so runs fine.
    I will eventually, come late spring and track season get a different exhaust to run on track. . . . that's the plan for now anyway.

15. Hogster

Hogster

Thats a taylormade as mentioned above, have seen one up forsale a few times on ebay over the last few months and only made in the USA from what i remember for the 13+ model, cant imagine its quiet?