675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Fest goes ooh la la, July 2nd - 5th 2020. . . .

Discussion in 'Meets' started by Captain Steffydog, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

Ok, so the Fest for next year is going to be a complete change from the norm, (wish I could’ve found a ‘norm-andy’ joke there!).

I will be co-organising it with some other members from here, and it’ll be a trip to France, hence the title.

The trip will be 3 nights, going on Thursday 2nd and returning on Sunday 5th July 2020.

Later down the line I will edit this first post with the time of the crossing that we are going on, this will be the EuroTunnel from Folkestone in Kent.

Price if booked early is around £65 return for a bike and rider, booking isn’t available just yet.

I won’t be collecting monies, so it’ll be up to you to book the same crossing if you wish to join us, and share the fun!

Hotels to be confirmed, but we will be aiming for a similar hotels to the Premier Inn, which have worked well for the last few years, so look out for Le Premier Inn info, we will be booking a few hotels, not staying in one place.

Hopefully our two members that have pitched up in Europe for the last year will be able to join us at some point, Stu and Treesr.

I look forward to sharing croissants and baguettes with you all, and a pint or three of the local Stella Daytona 675, which as we all know is a vintage triple, should that be tipple?

Crossing on LeShuttle seems to be around £60 return as far as I can see, may change when booking dates become available.

If anyone collects Tesco Clubcard points, it seems you can use these. So the £60 return travel/crossings will cost you £20 of your Tesco Clubcard Vouchers, always try to help you guys :)

New notes 25.10.19

Ok peeps, Crossing time and date to book, plus Tesco deal for those with points to use.

Please book this early and these time slots, obviously we don’t want to be waiting at the other side for people who are on the crossing after etc!

Folkestone to Calais Departing at 10.36 on Thursday 2nd July 2020 £32

Calais to Folkstone Departing 14.36 on Sunday 5th July 2020 £32

Total £64 which you can book online at Eurotunnel Le Shuttle.

You will need ideally to have Euro Breakdown and Repatriation Cover.

Also make sure your Bike Insurance covers you in the same way, for European Travel.

Those with Tesco points as I did can use them. I don’t think you can use someone else’s, but you can check.

So, with Tesco, buy £60 of Le Shuttle vouchers, this will cost you £20 of your Tesco Clubcard Points/vouchers.

You’ll get an email saying ‘Partner Order Conformation’

A few mins later, mine took 2 mins, you’ll get an email with a 9 digit voucher code.

Then call this number as it’s not a premium rate 01303 282061 and give the dates and times needed and your voucher code, you can then pay the £4 balance on a credit or debit card, simple.

Few mins later you will get an email with your booking on.

Once booked please message me and post below, I will organise some type of WhatsApp Group for those attending.

Cheers.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

Those going to attend:

1. Steffydog

3. cpszx

cpszx

1. Steffydog
    2. cpszx

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. SW73

SW73

1. Steffydog
    2. Cpszx
    3 + 4. SW73 + 1

5. farmer1

farmer1

1. Steffydog
    2. Cpszx
    3 + 4. SW73 + 1
    5+6. Farmer1 +1

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Hogster

Hogster

Id love to go but coming from ireland so would have to get the ferry and catch ip somewhere? Will there be much motorway time as i hate motorways .

7. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

^^ no idea at the moment, early days.

8. Red675

Red675

Sounds like a blast. I will attend if I am back on two wheels by then, need to settle into the new gaff first and see how shit pans out. Sure I could catch up with you somewhere if I don’t manage to get on the same ferrytrainthing.

Happy organising :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Legacey

Legacey Moderator Staff Member

1. Steffydog
    2. Cpszx
    3 + 4. SW73 + 1
    5+6. Farmer1 +1
    7&8 Legs +1

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. 0S2

0S2

Great idea, will be following this with interest as it's a bit far into the future for me :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy Moderator Staff Member

Sounds epic, I live about 25miles from France as the crow flys so probably not much excuse for not going this time. Hopefully it all pans out, starting a new job soon so will be moving on to shifts for the first time.

12. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

Be good to have people along as always.

I know it’s a way off, but I know some work places open the holiday booking planners very early, hence giving people as much notice as possible.

Plus we have a definite date.

More will follow, cheers guys :)

13. Legacey

Legacey Moderator Staff Member

Booked mine already :D

14. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

Nice one, me too ;)

IMG_9092.JPG

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. SW73

SW73

Come on folks. Without wishing to sound like a serial killer, I've watched a few folk die and literally none of them used their final words to say 'I wish I'd spent more time at work'
    The more the merrier... everyone welcome @Aceman ?

1. Steffydog
    2. Cpszx
    3 + 4. SW73 + 1
    5+6. Farmer1 +1
    7&8 Legs +1

• Like Like x 1
  16. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Sounds like a great trip - but just booked a 4wk family holiday downunder for Feb/March next year (with room for a diversion to PI) - so don’t think I’ll have the holidays spare. Or cash

3 nights from Calais? - that was plenty of time to get to the ring, Eiffel, B500/Black Forest and back in 2012...
    IMG_0216.JPG IMG_0208.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  17. PyroUK

PyroUK

1. Steffydog
    2. Cpszx
    3 + 4. SW73 + 1
    5+6. Farmer1 +1
    7&8 Legs +1
    9. Pyro. I’ll make sure the bikes in one piece by then

I’m pretty useless so can you give a heads up when we can book the train etc?

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Jay311275

Jay311275

Fuuuuuucckkkkkkkk..... This sounds pretty Epic..... but I am of to Vegas next year sooo funds are all going there :(:(:(:(:(

19. PyroUK

PyroUK

Right I’ve requested the time off but no idea if I’ll actually get it yet, fingers crossed I’m at the top of the list for those dates!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. StMarks

StMarks PTG

:idea: But if you go to Vegas before then, you could come back with enough funds to cover everyone's tickets.?