675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Festive food

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by Edski675, Dec 6, 2009.

1. D41

D41

One of the things I love about when I'm over there in "The Toon" is all the bakeries, where I can just buy a couple of sausage rolls, s&k pies, etc. and walk around the shopping centre munching on them...don't have that over here - it's all burgers & Mexican food.

Always love a good "mixed-grill", too!!

2. But you do have IHOP...the most wonderful mountains of pancakes in the world, served with butter and hot syrup :scramble: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...good memories :D

3. +1

4. D41

D41

Hmm...'fraid I don't eat pancakes except the home-made variety - I like to make the "stuffed" pancakes with either strawberry jam/orange marmalade & cream cheese in the middle, and then covered in Lyon's Syrup...total decadence!!

5. Hmm...'fraid I don't eat pancakes except the home-made variety - I like to make the "stuffed" pancakes with either strawberry jam/orange marmalade & cream cheese in the middle, and then covered in Lyon's Syrup...total decadence!![/quote]

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...come to Mamma!!! ;)

6. D41

D41

.....Oh, God!! - I have SO many possible responses to that!!

Must....resist...the...urge!!

- Would you like the recipe, MW???

7. :rotfl:

oh yes...recipe much appreciated please ;)
    Are they like the IHOP pancakes...quite different to our traditional ones here :?:
    Hardly festive...sorry for going 'off piste' with the topic :stir:

8. spike

spike

heres a question, why is it that when you leave the uk the bacon in the rest of the world is pants :(
    been to quite a few places and i cant seem to get a decent bacon buttie.
    america= nuked bacon rind thats part plastic
    canada= the same unles you go to a deli and ask for peas ham, costs a fortune though and you have to make it yourself lol
    australia=the same as america
    spain= still has the hair on it and is mostly cured
    france=they think your a freak for eating that part of the pig
    can anyone tell me where you can get a propper bacon buttie abroad lol

9. Rowly

Rowly

Yep I know? D41 in the good old USA will gladly make you a proper Northern pig buttie unless he's forgotten how to make one :lol:

10. andysjt

andysjt

yes Gibraltar do a good bacon & sausage very English just watch out for the monkeys

11. D41

D41

Tesco's have just recently opened a chain of supermarkets over here in So-Cal, so finally, after 20 years, I can enjoy some decent bacon!! - It's twice the price of the regular US bacon but it doesn't shrink down to nothing either, so it kinda balances out.

12. Denmark......mmmmmmm danish ;)

13. mmmm and Danish Pastries :clap:

14. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Whay are they even called danish pastries if its a spotty teenager that makes them in your local supermarket?

15. eeeewww...not sure I can ever face one again after that image :spew:
    thanks for that Justin :(

16. D41

D41

Does anyone else here NOT have turkey for Xmas dins. We always have it for Thanksgiving Day at the end of November & then a month later it's the same thing. Last year Mary & I decided to have roast leg of lamb & a roast ham...this years it's gonna be prime rib & roast duck (I cook a mean roast duck!).

17. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

We had chicken one year, but it just wasnt the same!

18. kingfixer

kingfixer

were having goose!! :D :D

19. Lamb in Lancashire :D

20. Davetona

Davetona Moderator Staff Member

I usually go to my parents one year where it's Turkey & Pork at lunchtime followed by COLD Turkey, Pork & Ham on the Bone when i get hungry again later, and then the following year I go to friends where they usually have a 7 bird roast including Goose, Turkey, Duck, Pheasant, Partridge, Pigeon and Woodcock!!! :eek: