675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

S'gone

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Janey, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Janey

Janey

Further to a previous post, she's now officially up for rehoming. PM me for any further details, any additional pics and if you want to come and have a look. She's got a service booked in for the end of the month and will be available all fresh and sparkly after that.

Full spec is as follows:

2016 Daytona 675 ABS bought new from HughendenmM40 in August 2017, so on an '17 plate and still in warranty.

Full Triumph service history.

Arrow exhaust

Aftermarket carbon fibre air intake surround (plus original)

Aftermarket carbon fibre headlight surrounds (plus original)

Aftermarket racing hooks (plus original pillion pegs)

Datatagged (plus Datatag kit)

Demon Plates 3D carbon fibre effect number plate

GB Racing engine covers (full set)

Optimate connector wired in

Orbital tank protector

Pazzo brake and clutch levers (black / short)

Puig mirror blanks (unused)

R&G tank protectors

R&G tail sliders

R&G bar ends

R&G crash bungs (no drill race style)

R&G tail tidy

TechSpec snakeskin tank grips

Triumph front fork protectors

Triumph comfort seat (plus original)

Triumph seat cowl (black / plus original)

Triumph paddock stand bobbins

Triumph LED indicators

Triumph quickshifter

Triumph (1050) quick action throttle (plus original)

Triumph adjustable rearsets (plus original)

Triumph carbon fibre heel guards (plus original)

Triumph carbon fibre hugger (plus original)

Triumph anodised oil filler cap (red / plus original)

Triumph anodised dipstick (red / plus original)

Triumph anodised chain adjusters (red)

MD Racing suspension set up 62kg October 2018

AllYearBiker treatment November 2018

Original Pirelli Supercorsa front and rear c.1000 miles

Michelin PR 4 front and rear c.3500 miles

Current mileage 4300ish.

Plus I've got a box full of oddsnsodds parts with various bits of fairing (ranging from perfect to damaged repairable), new mirror, etc.

£8200 ono. I've already had a very respectable px offer but I'd much rather sell her privately to someone who'll really appreciate all of the extras.

DSC_1757~2.JPG DSC_0204.JPG

2. Shell123

Shell123

Nice Bike! Have you considered putting the bike back to stock and selling the parts and px the bike as standard? I know sometimes dealers don't offer much more for the bike with the extras.

3. Janey

Janey

Thanks @Shell123 :smileup:

Wanna buy a new bike? :lol1:

If someone makes me a decent (private) offer then they're welcome to all of the extra geegaws and I'd be happy for them to sell some of them on, if they wanted to.

If I do end up going down the px route then I'll take off a few things, like the rearsets for example, and sell them separately as I know what I've already been offered for the bike doesn't take into account the value of all of the extras. I do have to admit to being a right lazy cow though and I can't be dealing with the whole strip / replace / advertising / haggling / posting thing and I accept that I'll be losing £s.

4. Shell123

Shell123

I feel your pain, good luck with the sell! What bike are you going to get next?

5. Janey

Janey

It's more than likely going to be the 2019 636, once I've come out of hibernation and done at least one more test ride just to make sure.

I feel like such a traitor... HA!

6. Shell123

Shell123

Nice choice, what makes you want to stick with a 600 sportsbike rather than a litre?

7. Janey

Janey

I'm a sub 50kg short arse with anxiety issues and a limited income, just about sums it up. A larger cc would be entirely wasted on me and the kind of riding that I do, plus the financial reality is that I can't afford to buy new, which is what I want.

8. Shell123

Shell123

Fair enough! Being only 50kg, the bike must be like a rocket! ;)
    I love how there would be guys spending thousands on carbon fibre parts, wheels etc yet you get the benefits and doesn’t cost a penny

Let us know how you get on if you get the kawazaki

9. Shell123

Shell123

Sorry to have hijacked your thread :p

10. GazP

GazP

Janey - did you see the write up in MCN????

11. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

12. Janey

Janey

@Shell123 Haha, no worries.

@GazP I've seen it NOW. It's not overly positive, is it? I actually found the 636 very different but in many ways easier to ride than my D675. I agree that it's a tad lacking in the lower range torque though, especially in comparison.

@Captain Steffydog Fank you x x x.

13. GazP

GazP

Funnily enough it started negative but sounded like it was someone who wasn’t really into the super sport bike but at the end he appreciated it for what it was.

I think if it ticks your boxes then who cares!

14. Janey

Janey

Whaa...? No cheeky offers on this beeeeeutiful machine yet? Ya bunch of philistines :D

I know that the £8k+ initial asking price is on the high side but it's and opening price with ONO. I'm pretty realistic about her "value" and I'm not blinded by greed or my love for her.

So cmon, offers welcome.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Cupracing

Cupracing

I think the issue is, most people on here already own a Daytona ;-)

I would be interested in some of your accessories though should they become available

16. Janey

Janey

Haha, this is where, much to my embarrassment, I'm going to admit that I hadn't really thought of that. Derrrrrr.

I'll give it couple more weeks and then it may have to be a case of px-ing her as selling the bling bits separately.

17. Red675

Red675

Not strictly ture a lot of people thinking about buying a bike for the first time will check a forum first and if they see a genuine low mileage example like yours that youre obviously willing to listen ti offers on, it beats having to go through a dealers, especially if you don't trust dealers very much, if at all.:whistle:

18. Legacey

Legacey Moderator Staff Member

Although I don't have a 675 anymore, I still look at the For Sale threads as people I know are looking for a 675 and like Red says, buyers will check forums to find out firstly what they need to look for when buying one but then will see them for sale on here, happy days :D

19. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Fwiw - I’d always check a bike specific forum for sale ads before going via Autotrader/eBay etc. - you get a bit more seller history/confidence that way.

When I sold my red 09 last year, it went via gumtree in the end to a private buyer Being able to point the buyer to an add here gave him the confidence to travel to look/make an offer. Took a while to sell - even at a keen price in early summer! Being central U.K. should help you more there though.

If you really can’t wait, then p/x - but tot up the aftermarket parts £££ and have a minimum mental price for the bike with/without and only you can decide if the actual cash in hand/lack of waiting will be worth p/x’ing it for - and then seeing a dealer advertise it for £1,000 more than they bought it for... I dropped my price a fair bit to sell my bike - but would rather another fellow biker saved £600ish than see a dealer stand to make £1,000.

20. cpszx

cpszx

But they dont actually make £1000 though, do they.
    They pay vat on that £1000, they pay corporation tax on whatever contribution to their profit from that £1000, they pay their workshop staff to check it over, road test, maybe service it, they pay their sales staff to deal with customers to try and sell it, etc.
    They might also be giving 3 or 6 months warranty for something they have no idea of the history of out of that £1000.
    They also might have it sat there a couple of months depreciating, the same as you would.

That's putting a £1000 to a lot of use, and probably not making a lot out of it in may cases i bet.