675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

front wheel

Discussion in 'General' started by manden, May 15, 2019.

1. manden

manden

Hey lads.

Just wanted to clean my new used front wheel before going on the bike. I saw this disturbing manufacturers name.

Is it original?

IMG_20190515_125101072.jpg

2. I’ve never seen it spelt out but the logo I’ve definitely seen on Daytona wheels previously, I can check my current bike but they are older style wheels so you need a 2013+ owner to check there’s and confirm

3. Chinese replica wheels
    [​IMG]

4. In the mix

In the mix

They are OE not fake

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. They are the Chinese replicas as wrlondon says mate.
    They are around 180£ on Ebay.

6. im Not sure if theirs a way to tell the difference between OE & cheap eBay special.
    Zhong Lian do manufacture the wheels for triumph & the genuine ones aren’t stamped triumph either so unless @In the mix knows of a way to determine the difference?

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. This is the oem markings . 20190519_135447.jpeg

8. manden

manden

thats what i got on my rear wheel

9. Trouble is the replicas made a direct cast of the wheel being replicated, so will still have the same markings

10. Most Parts made in Thailand and shipped to uk for assembly so I would say original

11. manden

manden

i was at a dealership today, and they also thought it was original. so i bought new bearings and have ordered new seals