675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Fu**in Ryanair robbing C**ts

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by wobblybiker99, Apr 22, 2016.

1. wobblybiker99

wobblybiker99

I booked flights to Tenerife for my parents usual winter jaunt but near the date my mother was rushed to hospital with a infection the turned to septicemia, when she recovered i moved the flights forward and had to pay an extra £200 (£50 per flight/person) on top of the original £430.
    Unfortunately she was then found to have a tumour on her kidney and needed surgery so the next trip was cancelled. Unless you are actually dead there's no chance of getting the flight money back but i thought I'll at least claim the unused flight tax.
    Tried to claim after the date of the outbound flight but said i couldn't because it was prior to the return flight, waited until after the date of the return flight but now it says i can't claim because its over a month.
    The time between the flights was a month:mad: you cunts.
    Then i looked up the probable flight duty for the journey is only £13 and Ryanair charge a "reasonable" admin fee of £17 per flight/person so i was wasting my time anyway.
    Just send them an email suggesting they donate all the money they made on the unused flights to a cancer charity, i'm not expecting a reply.

2. That sounds dreadful. If I was you maybe post something up on their Facebook page...if they have one that is as companies hate being publicly named and shamed you will probably get a response.

3. Red675

Red675

4. Staffy50

Staffy50

Why you should allways get travel insurance. If you have got it have a look there.

5. dyz

dyz

Are you paying for your bank account? You might already have it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. StMarks

StMarks PTG

:(( Sorry to hear about your mum Woleybiker99, hope all goes as well as possible for her mate.

Ryanair's, Micheal O'Leary, arrives in a hotel in Dublin, he goes to the bar and asks for a pint of draught Guinness. The barman nodded and said, "That will be one Euro please, Mr. O'Leary."

Somewhat taken aback, O'Leary replied, "That's very cheap," and handed over his money.

"Well, we try to stay ahead of the competition," said the barman, "and we are serving free pints every Wednesday evening from 6 until 8 p.m. We have the cheapest beer in Ireland."

"That is a remarkable value," comments Michael.

"I see you don't seem to have a glass, so you'll probably need one of ours. That will be 3 euros please."

O'Leary scowled, but paid up. He took his drink and walked towards a seat.

"Ah, you want to sit down?" said the barman. "That'll be an extra 2 euros. You could have pre-booked the seat, and it would have only cost you a Euro."

"I think you may to be too big for the seat sir, can I ask you to sit in this frame please?"

Michael attempts to sit down but the frame is too small and when he can't squeeze in he complains, "Nobody would fit in that little frame".

"I'm afraid if you can't fit in the frame you'll have to pay an extra surcharge of 4 euros for your seat sir."

O'Leary swore to himself, but paid up. "I see that you have brought your laptop with you," added the barman. "Since that wasn't pre-booked either, that will be another 3 euros."

O'Leary was so annoyed that he walked back to the bar, slammed his drink on the counter, and yelled, "This is ridiculous, I want to speak to the manager".

"Ah, I see you want to use the counter," says the barman, "that will be 2 euro please."

O'Leary's face was red with rage. "Do you know who I am?"
    "Of course I do Mr. O'Leary."

"I've had enough, What sort of bar is this? I come in for a quiet drink and you treat me like this. I insist on speaking to a manager!"

"Here is his E-mail address, or if you wish, you can contact him between 9 and 9.10 every morning, Monday to Tuesday by dialing this free phone number. Calls are free, until they are answered, then there is a talking charge of only 10 cents per second."

"I will never use this bar again!"

"OK sir, but remember, we are the only hotel in Ireland selling pints for one Euro."

awww.optimiced.com_wp_uploads_2009_02_ryanair_joke_taxes.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Literally pissed myself that was do funny

8. volant

volant

Twitter. Seriously.

I don't tweet, it's not my thing, but I work for a Big Airline and I know that the Twitter complaints appear to get handled double quick. There's a large team that just do that.

Oh, and don't get me started with Ryanair. I'll post sometime about their pilots and fuel policies

People really should question why they're so 'cheap'

9. D41

D41

I've heard nothing but bad stuff about RyanAir...I used them once because I had to and....they were OK...granted it was just a one hour shuttle flight, but no-one forced me to buy a ticket....I got what I paid for, a budget flight on a budget airline.

10. emma-lou

emma-lou

I think under the circumstances wobbley you've behaved very reasonably. I hope your mum makes a swift and pain free recovery. Ryan air clearly employ a charm-free customer care policy, based on the we don't give a ff treatment. I don't think you or the charity will see any cash. Soz.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Pretty sure that you'd be able to make a claim on your travel insurance (if you purchased).

12. volant

volant

How is your mum?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. wobblybiker99

wobblybiker99

Thanks everybody for the replies and suggestions.:thumbup:
    Unfortunately they didn't have travel insurance at the time as they usually buy annual cover which had expired and were only planning to renew just before departure, didn't see the point of renewing early and wasting 3-4 months of expensive cover.
    I made the booking with Ryanair knowing their reputation but didn't expect to have to cancel twice and they were the only budget flights available with the most convenient flight times, my mum doesn't do early starts:D
    My mum is recovering but the sad thing is they are starting to realize that they may not be fit enough to book any more holidays abroad, as well as the ever increasing travel insurance costs.:(