675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Goddamn it!

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by moto450cc, May 16, 2018.

1. moto450cc

moto450cc

I was clearing up the shed after doing a lot of maintenance on the bike, the main one was regreasing rear suspension bearings. Anyway I only go and find one needle from one of the bearings! I counted them out then counted them all back in again but must've messed up. Not even sure which bearing it came from. So my question is (and I already know what the answer should be) can I get away with not having to strip the whole lot down again or is it something I should definitely do?

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. Definitely need to do it, it won't properly support the sleeve and you'll wear the bearing out (best case) or sleeve (worst case.

3. moto450cc

moto450cc

Ok, thanks. I pretty much knew that would be the case. Should be a bit quicker this time round!

4. moto450cc

moto450cc

Popped it back in today. It was the bearing from swinging arm. The bearings from the drag link were done on the bench, I had to do the swinging arm bearing all twisted up on my back so its not surprising one was missed or fell out while pushing the bush through. Just glad I found it!