675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Help with a harsh ride

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by Kjs675, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Kjs675

Kjs675

I’m not the best with maintenance or identifying faults. But my 675R has had a noticeably harsher ride recently, ilI can feel all the road surfaces a lot more than before. I checked the the pressure and they were normal.

The only thing I can think of it’s the forks, I haven’t noticed any blown seals but not sure from the pics below if they look normal. (Excuse the mud) Any ideas on this?

2. Kjs675

Kjs675

Sorry pics attached

48DB61B5-350B-46FF-8648-BF12AD0797B4.jpeg

947FE233-78D8-4463-9C14-8AA6D8C3EEE0.jpeg

3. White

White

Possibly the colder conditions are making the tyres stiffer and the forks less plush?

Either that or you’re getting old

4. Kjs675

Kjs675

Probs a bit of both to be honest, but just wanted to make sure it’s not an obvious problem.

Also true I’m looking at other bikes to commute to work on

5. Cold tyres and cold oil will make the ride feel harsh during winter, maybe try the comfort settings in the owner's manual, can see from the dirt line on the forks that you're not using all the travel.
    Your bike needs a wash by the way:D

6. With forks like the big piston Showa’s fitted on the Ducati 899 and ZX6R there is a definite harshness when temps are low, it’s bevause they move so much oil relative to the fork travel. The Ohlins NIX30 are similar in that it’s a big piston and needs to move a lot of oil

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. g6xer

g6xer

Have you had the front wheel off recently?
    Reason being is if you nip up the bottom bolts with out giving the wheel a bump your forks can start to stick