675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Hi from Pete

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Peter Lewis, May 4, 2018.

1. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis

Morning all. Posted few years ago now about track bike i bought. Hmmm been an up and down ownership blown Oil heat exchanger first time out at Jerez. Fixed with billet type. However the damage had been done as 2nd time out at Almeria blown engine , Rod went through the casing, I'll post some pics if anybody interested. Anyway got a 2nd hand engine spent time generally tidying things up. Redid the wiring loom so all the fuses etc sit under the tank , upgraded to mosfet type for the reg/rectifier. Bike has been good as gold since. Oh upgraded the oil pressure relief valve I think thats what its called that sits in the sump area before i fitted the 2nd hand engine.

So there you go ownership in a nut shell, you may see me at foreign or UK track days number 58 blue Daytona feel free to say hello.

Ahhh also this probably isnt the appropriate place to post but I have a triumph race pattern quick shifter that I would like to swop for road shift or if no interest in a swop, will sell. I can post pics if there is interest

Cheers
    Pete

2. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Welcome to our friendly little forum Pete. Sorry to learn of your challenging ownership so far, can't be much worse than investing all the time & effort in a Euro event only to have your bike let you down.!
    Fwiw the heat exchangers seem to have mainly only had a problem when used with plain water, so race or dedicated track bikes. The billet one should resolve that anyway, or perhaps ensure you have non corrosive coolant in the new engine.
    You can pop threads in the For Sale or Wanted section of the forum, may get more attention for those options.?