675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Hottrax MG600 Cadwell Park 4-5 April.

Discussion in 'Bobby Campbell Racing' started by trackdaybob, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Entry confirmed today.

Once Croft is out of the way I've a trackday at Cadwell on the 31st March so it's unlikely that I'll do the ACU test day on the 3rd and just relax instead.

It's gonna be a busy week ;)

2. Not the nicest evening at Cadwell but forecast is better for tomorrow.
    Qualifying and two six lap races tomorrow then two twelve lap races on Sunday.
    Not the biggest entry looking at the programme.
    Can't wait to get sick in though.

3. What a load of shite.
    Qualifying, couldn't see fuck all with a misted up visor. Did two laps. Qualified 20th (2nd last). Not in a good mood.
    My old trusty AGV xr2 on and straight away I can see. Got a good start and and mad a few places up. Was going ok right up until I fell off. Fuckin embarrassing. Rider falls off in front of me out of the chicane. What do I do? Grap a big handful of front brake. Twat! Down I go. Not in a good mood.
    So now trusty AGV xr2 is fit for the bin. Signed fit and re-scrutineered and make the second race. At least this time it's dry. Pretty much. All is well until my visor starts misting up again. I finish the race. I'm stopped on my way in to be told there is a problem with my transponder. They're right, it's in the van. Not in a good mood.
    Fuckin wank day and I'll admit I was very close to just packing up and fucking off. My head isn't in it, not sure it will be tomorrow either.

4. Bad news mate. Hope you're ok? Did you do much damage to the bike?

I use a pin lock inset and a foggy mask, I hate misty visors.

5. Hope all goes better tomorrow mate. Some times it goes like that if ur heads not in it sometimes it's best to step away. I know it's different if u racing in a championship. But there is always a different day

6. Bigmac

Bigmac

Get a few beers in you, like Paul said tomorrow is another day.

7. I'll be giving you a cheer up thanks matey,
    Unfortunately it's the sport we love, the lows are what make the highs.
    Have a beer, grab an early nite & this time tomorrow you'll be on here raving about your love of motorcycle racing.
    I had a shit day yesterday, nothing went to plan, bike ended up lying on its side on the drive. I stuck with it, went to darley anyway in a shit mood, it was pissing it down so I sat in the van pondering whether or not to spend my £70 for the afternoon session.
    I bit the bullet, paid my hard earned & ended buzzing off my tracktime. Drove home a happy lad.

Stick with it mucka & relish the good times

8. Both my pin locks have been letting moisture in lately

9. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Bugger, sounds like a bit of a blue day... As has been said - Tomorrow's another day and as long as we learn from our mistakes, then it's just part of the experience. Helmet/fairings etcetera can be replaced, but there is only one TDB though - so don't try and recoup all the lost ground in one race and knock yourself out of the rest of the championship with a highside etc. What's Rossi's motto - "slowly, slowly - catchy monkey" or something along those lines?

10. Best of luck today tdb, really hope you've woken to blazing sunshine.

11. Well that seems to have been a much better day today, well done fella!

12. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Go on, don't keep us in suspense!

13. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Well, that's a relief after his last post Paul.

If it was a good one, I would suspect he's probably going to be too shattered to write much yet mate.

14. The boy did good, I'm sure he'll be along later to tell his story :)

15. Hi guys. Still bloody annoyed with myself for crashing. I made a mistake. A day one type mistake. I'd caught a group of five riders and was planning getting through all of them when I bit myself on the ass. Was easily a top ten result in the making.

Sunday was better. Not particularly quick, but better.
    Qualifying was wet again. I qualified 17th. Finished both races with a 12th and a 10th.
    Not the most enjoyable weekend. I just couldn't get going at all. I wasn't 100%. I'm still not. At least on Sunday I found a little aggression and managed to overtake a few people. Better starts may have seen me finish better still.
    It's done and dusted and now I'll look forward to the next one. Not sure where/when it'll be.

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement.

16. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Glad Sunday went better for you tdb - gotto have a few setbacks to make those successes even sweeter... Made up quite a few places there too.