675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

If Triumph made a RR, would it be better than this?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by 675KPW, Nov 26, 2015.

1. 675KPW

675KPW

Today my 07 Daytona was taken away to find a new home, and now a few (!) quid lighter a new toy was delivered..... IMG_20151126_151238417.jpg IMG_20151126_151245875.jpg IMG_20151126_151305291.jpg

Probably not as pretty, but an awesome (and considerably more complex!) machine.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

Mmm, she looks great, are you pleased, having not seen before you splashed out?

3. StMarks

StMarks PTG

I have to agree with you mate, those BMX's are awesome machines, and although I don't shy from making fun of their "lopsided looks" am secretly a bit of a fan.;))
    Enjoy, & I hope you get as much from her as you have from your 675.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Lovely looking bike mate.

• Like Like x 1
  5. if Triumph made it, it would leak oil and breakdown more...

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Rogerrabbit

Rogerrabbit

If it was made by triumph we would except you on this forum ! In all honestly I love them beemers, I didn't take to the looks straight away but having seen a few in person It has defo grown on me.

Enjoy ur new love!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cracking choice there mate. Enjoy your new pride and joy

• Like Like x 1
  8. 675KPW

675KPW

The engine sounds much busier and noisier than the Daytona triple, rather like a 24 piece orchestra when the only instruments available are drums!! Longing to ride, waiting on better weather, since it doesn't have a "cold, wet, slippery, mud, gravel and blowy as fk" mode.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Forget about the weather just go out and enjoy it!!

10. StephenP

StephenP

Enjoy mate, been out with a few and those bikes are like bullets on the straights.

11. 675KPW

675KPW

First proper ride today, but not too far as the weather was dry and rain was imminent.
    Set into Sport mode and away we go, but Dynamic Traction Control light stayed on meaning DTC is switched off. Took it steady on local country roads and some straight B roads. It's good to be out! ....Clears the mind and calls up total focus. Apart from the extra width between the knees I felt immediately comfortable and at home on her. Compared to the 675R you can feel a bit of her extra weight, but she turns in well, holds lines, is smooth and compliant. The obvious difference comes when you wind the throttle on... oh boy! Just one word.... Missile!!!
    Back home after a 30 mile round route, flick on DTC function ready for next time, but that will do riding her today.
    For me the 675R is a better road bike, in the sense that I can (relatively) plod along content at progressive speeds and ride corners confidently. But the RR you just want to use the immense power for acceleration at any opportunity.... and that is really best left for the track. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  12. emma-lou

emma-lou

Got an excellent write up in PB, I read today.

13. scaramanga

scaramanga

if its anything like my godsons s 1000 rr carbon edition
    hes actually sick of it and its been untaxed for over 6 months as hes sick of bits falling off it and breaking
    i can hold my hand up with pride and say ive had my daytona 3 years and only problems have been header pipes which were replaced no problem and the front brake light switch went faulty

14. 675KPW

675KPW

That's a shame about his carbon edition, but I suppose problems can occur with any make. I've had 4 triumphs in past few years, only issue being front brake light switch on the 07 Daytona last year. I am keeping my 14 675R for the road, with the S-thou primarily for track, but also want to keep it road going to ensure any issues that occur can be dealt with and tested before arriving at the circuit and wasting a track day trying to sort it. I have a couple of US friends tracking S1000RR so they made me aware of some potential issues... mainly bolt tightness and gear selection. One just blew 3rd gear apart on his 2011 29000miler (ex California Superbike School bike) after fitting a TMR system and PCV for more power. :oops:

15. 675KPW

675KPW

A few extras were added between Christmas and the New Year...
    HP tall tinted screen, R&G fork protectors, Titax adjustable levers and R&G Engine covers....
    IMG_20151231_161547649.jpg
    Plus an oximiser charger and Big Boss Alarm lock and chain. :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. scaramanga

scaramanga

yeah a few parts have fell of my godsons and there apears to be a problem with parts being fitted with damaged /cross threaded nuts/bolts
    not good when it cost him 20 grand

17. 675KPW

675KPW

Track fairings arrived and were fitted up.... the belly pan had to be cut around the standard exhaust cat and sidestand, but was no big deal. DSCN4276.JPG

The track fairings are all off again, as the colour is added with a mix of DIY painting and wrapping. She is ack in road trim now for MOT and annual service next week, plus it will allow me to get better acquainted before heading to the track.

• Like Like x 1
  18. What colour you painting the track fairings? Keep this thread updated

• Like Like x 1
  19. 675KPW

675KPW

Colours will be red, white and black.
    The tank is racing red and front mudguard Alpine white, so keeping these. The nose and sides are good in white gel coat so just added some red and black wrap to these. Seat unit gel coat is poor in places so be painted white before adding some wrap. Belly pan will be painted black. It won't be perfect, but should look good enough from a distance!

20. Red675

Red675

you could put a cracking "rising sun" decal on that (appreciate its not very german)