675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Isle of Man TT - Ride on the edge

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by StephenP, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Red675

Red675

You need a shed load of time on your hands to play it properly though :lol:

2. JT

JT

Those sharp turn backs are awkward. Not looked at times yet aiming for making it round without killing myself multiple times first. This may take some time...

3. D675hogg

D675hogg

Yeah it’s good. Just really done it on the triumph so far but if you get in the brakes a little to late into the tight corners you a screwed. Going to take a while till I drop the racing lines though!!! Not sure if the handling is as responsive as the MotoGP games. Might just take some time to get into!

Plenty of time to play it with this crap weather though!!

4. StephenP

StephenP

The handling could be better, but it's not that bad once you get use to it.

What's annoying is forgetting little bumps and hitting them too fast, that tends to toss the rider off.

In all I'm actually really enjoying it, even the fantasy tracks are good, save for the ones where the makers hid rocks in bushes to stop you cutting corners too much

Not done a full TT yet, but the course is much easier on the supersports, tried the suter bike, my god that thing will buck you off every chance it gets.

Loving the 675 round the course

5. D675hogg

D675hogg

Had a try of the Norton round the TT course..... bloody hell. If it gives a representation of the bikes for real, mighty quick. Was off more than I was on.....

Just over 20 min lap on the 675 with custom settings. God knows how guys are in the 16 min laps on that game. Think I only came off maybe 6 times in a lap at slow corners.

6. Red675

Red675

Got to glen helen last night without crashing once!

7. Red675

Red675

Anyone done Ballaugh bridge flat out yet? i ended up about two streets down from where i was supposed to land :lol:

8. Red675

Red675

still havent beaten this
    just did a 20m 28s with about 8 f**kin crashes coming into douglas on those mini roundabouts, absolute killer those sharp bends on this
    am i the only one finding it hard and/or still playing it?
    i can get up to ramsey with 1 or 2 crashes it just turns to shit from there

9. Red675

Red675

im wondering if they should have put one of those timing mechanisms in it that you get in some driving games where you can reverse time when you crash. You could build up the amount of time you get to reverse by not crashing, or something :lol:

10. D675hogg

D675hogg

Aye they should have flashback like the MotoGP games. Got into low 19’s on the 675 now but still crashing loads. How guys are in the 16’s I will never know!!! Probably some 10 year old!!!

Slow speed stuff in a nightmare and you get the bike drifting both wheels and your screwed. The bike can some times when putting the anchor out just pings off to the left or right in two seconds. The handling isn’t as easy to predict as the MotoGP games.

Still great to blast round the island though.

11. StephenP

StephenP

Rewinds would be nice but it takes away from the risk involved in road racing, though it would fix the odd time the bike has a mind of its own and goes all rouge towards the nearest hedge/wall etc.

No idea how the fastest lap time on a supersport is low 16s, that's mental, no way in hell was that done without guides on.

12. Bought this yesterday on Xbox store, have really tried but I just can’t get on with it. The far camera view is static which I like but it’s too far back. Then the other one moves around too much. The biggest thing though is the tendency for the bike to just slide away at the rear and the bike end up pointing straight at a wall, let alone the pendulum steering.

I play a LOT of Ride2 and MotoGP and play them both on expert and yet I can’t get on with this game :-(

13. StephenP

StephenP

The handling is quirky but I think they're working on patching it

I had to stick the aids up to Max and the bike still from time to time does a death twitch as it fires itself off the track. Very annoying.

And I don't believe people are doing those lap times on the TT course

14. philly46

philly46

Same, there's no consistency to the physics. I've tried to like it but unless they amend things it'll be uninstalled from my PC.

15. Ok well I guess I’ll try it again when it is patched, for now it’s just a little dissapointing